• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where Has All The Coyotes Gone?

Jamie Chriss

Maybe this is a fart in church, but there were a dozen builds last year, I have not seen a good Coyote post in months! Just curios..

Attachments

• DSC_6299.jpg
    DSC_6299.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 205

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have mocked up everything on my Coyote. The body has been at the body shop for simple mods and PPG Epoxy Primer, which is now complete. The Coyote will have the Red Oxide underneath as the previous ones with Ford Ingot Silver Paint.

However, this Bronco is behind 2 others that I need to finish first. I should be back on it within a few months.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
My Buddy is doing a Coyote, and he is doing a lot of side jobs to help pay for the cost...
As some have found out it is not an inexpensive conversion... Maybe folks are restocking their Bronco money accounts?
More than likely the weather has been bad over a lot of the country, folks have stepped back waiting dry and warm weather...

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I never saw the appeal of a Coyote swap. Sure, it's a fine motor, but the power and torque doesn't come on until 4500 RPM, it's expensive, and a cheap stroked 408 will produce more of both at lower RPM. My stroked 347 has more Torque, although slightly less horse power, that comes on at 3000 rpm lower, and was a straight drop in. Easy to work on, cheaper parts, Sniper fuel injection so just as efficient. Why bother with a Coyote?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
The price of admission seems really high. I think it is easy to get enamored by it but once you work out all the bits and pieces it gets super expensive real quick. Blows by $10k real quick.

needsmoarturbo

I never saw the appeal of a Coyote swap. Sure, it's a fine motor, but the power and torque doesn't come on until 4500 RPM, it's expensive, and a cheap stroked 408 will produce more of both at lower RPM. My stroked 347 has more Torque, although slightly less horse power, that comes on at 3000 rpm lower, and was a straight drop in. Easy to work on, cheaper parts, Sniper fuel injection so just as efficient. Why bother with a Coyote?
I'm with you 100% you can build a very nice stroker for that dough and you make a very good point about the power band

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For me, a Coyote Build is doing something different than before. I've done most of the rest. Ford 302, 5.0L and 347s, I6 250 and 300, 351Ws and Stroked 351w, 351 Cleveland - have already been done.

A Frame Off restoration with a Coyote vs a nice GT-40 EFI 351W. If all other things are the same other than the motor, the Coyote build would be maybe 5-10K more. I found a nice 2016 COMPLETE Motor with less than 20K miles delivered to my door for less than 5K. I got lucky, so the cost is about the same.

68ford

Bronco Guru
I agree about the lack of torque. Plus coyotes are bigger than a 460 and weigh almost the same as a big block with alloy heads and intake.
I get trying to be different but then it's an engine currently in production in likely several million vehicles by now, how special is it? Especially when at this point it's bolt in, just spendy.

I have an RPM 4.125 Windsor block out of my race truck all wrapped up waiting for a set of Cleveland heads, a Victor manifold and 2in primary headers ;D

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

I'm with you 100% you can build a very nice stroker for that dough and you make a very good point about the power band

And the savings on the cost will go a long way towards getting the rest of the Bronco done.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I almost bought one recently for my swap, but instead bought a roller 351 out of a 1995 Van for $200, am rounding up a $500 ford lighting gt40 intake, and am gonna use EFI GUY for a $650 harness and be done.

$1350 complete cost for a roller, efi, gt40 351.
With converting it to a 408 for $1500 down the road with ease an option.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I want to see a Voodoo build. I haven't heard of one yet but I am sure somebody will or is thinking about it.

OP
OP
Jamie Chriss

Jamie Chriss

The cost to do my Bronco is all over the place due to I am building the entire truck from scratch, so I was going to purchase allot of the components regardless. I had a chance to get a ride in a nice Coyote twice with Leo from Escondido I can't see to many cars or trucks beating him off the line that trucks go some serious torque.

Anyway my intent with my question was are there anymore Coyote people on this site? It seems to me there isn't much Coyote talk anymore. I know the traditionalist don't want to hear it and maybe they are right it is a big monster of a motor, with a ton on money and time that could be used elsewhere on the Bronco. I have left messages for the administrator to ask for a Coyote specific page where we can ask questions, talk about our issues with out sounding to the rest of the group we are bragging or have nothing better to do with our money. I know allot of people have left this site, but in my opinion this is the best place for them. I personally have posted very little about my build because I don't think this site really cares about it. Just my two cents.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The cost to do my Bronco is all over the place due to I am building the entire truck from scratch, so I was going to purchase allot of the components regardless. I had a chance to get a ride in a nice Coyote twice with Leo from Escondido I can't see to many cars or trucks beating him off the line that trucks go some serious torque.

Anyway my intent with my question was are there anymore Coyote people on this site? It seems to me there isn't much Coyote talk anymore. I know the traditionalist don't want to hear it and maybe they are right it is a big monster of a motor, with a ton on money and time that could be used elsewhere on the Bronco. I have left messages for the administrator to ask for a Coyote specific page where we can ask questions, talk about our issues with out sounding to the rest of the group we are bragging or have nothing better to do with our money. I know allot of people have left this site, but in my opinion this is the best place for them. I personally have posted very little about my build because I don't think this site really cares about it. Just my two cents.

I don't have money for a coyote but I dig your build man!

BigB

I love all the Coyote builds as well. I'm on the fence for my other 69 who is sitting without an engine.

From what I have read there are discrepancies in what will fit/work from one build to the next and most don't seem as detailed as some of the more traditional builds. That makes it really hard when you're contemplating this swap as to whats really involved.

But please keep up with detailing your build. I know for myself that although I lurk in many thread's I mainly won't comment unless I have something to add.