• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who made red coil springs?

NixBronco

Contributor
I picked up a beat up 73 with red coil springs. Did Rancho ever make EB lifts or are they someone elses?

Has rancho shocks, drop pitman, rear block under stock leafs. Only thing I might keep are the coils. I think they’re 3.5” but wondering who made them. The truck was built up some but Id say late 90s to early 2000?

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I think it was either m Rancho or Rough Country but can’t say with 100% certainty.

Leaning Rough Country.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rancho coils were always red but I had them on full-size Broncos and F-series pickups back then.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Several companies back in the day made red springs. Rancho, skyjacker, and Rough County did, I’m sure there were others. I would not consider them valuable or really even worth keeping. The technology incorporated into new springs is really amazing and worth their price of admission. Ride is soooo much better.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Probably Rancho, particularly if the coils are pretty thick wire and spaced fairly far apart. Their kit also included a block for the rear. Their front coils had a teeth-chattering 485 lb/in. spring rate (they used the same springs on the full-size rigs) so your fillings and your back will thank you the sooner you can get those out of there and put something more modern in there.

Todd Z.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Probably Rancho, particularly if the coils are pretty thick wire and spaced fairly far apart. Their kit also included a block for the rear. Their front coils had a teeth-chattering 485 lb/in. spring rate (they used the same springs on the full-size rigs) so your fillings and your back will thank you the sooner you can get those out of there and put something more modern in there.

Todd Z.
^^^This is what was on my Bronco when I bought it 30 yrs ago.^^^

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
I have red front coils also with 1/2” lift. My shocks front and rear are Rancho, so I’m leaning towards it being Rancho coil springs.

Randy

****3 1/2” instead of 1/2”****

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Make sure that the coils are thick, as Todd said. But also that there are no progressive windings.
We sell red springs that are of modern variable rate design, and because coils are easy to swap, you never know what you have.
But yes to what the other said about Rancho being the most common. It was a 3 inch lift on Broncos, and it was their one and a half inch leveling coil for the F150s.