• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who Was Designer of this Bronco

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Guy on Ebay is selling jump seat and using this pic to say it was a factory option jump seat. I have seen pics of these broncos before, but can't remember the guy who did them. Little help please.

Thanks

Attachments

• Custom Bronco.jpg
    Custom Bronco.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,770

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
George Barris

Attachments

• Kustom bronco.jpg
    Kustom bronco.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 622
OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Did he design and sell these on his own, did they come from the factory already modified? Did he own a dealership and just did them from his store?

Thanks

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
It was only one and he don't even recall what happened to it...

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Custom car builder for the movies/TV...google him and you will be amazed...

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Where is that bronco now ??? who is the custodian ??

That truck, the Doug Nash dragster, and the Stroppe Pony race Bronco are three trucks that have eluded devotees over the years.

I asked Barris about it a few years ago and he didn't know what happened to it.

Todd Z.

This is as much as we know...%)

RacinJason

Loc.
Grand Forks
Check out those links. It's great seeing those vehicles, kind of reminds me of some of those "Hot Wheels" i had as a kid.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
Where is that bronco now ??? who is the custodian ??

I actually spoke to Mr. Barris a couple of weeks ago in regards to the original Batmobile, which is going to the Barrett-Jackson auction next month in Scottsdale. The Batmobile started life as a Ford show car called the Lincoln Futura. I hadn't known this before, but Barris was involved with Ford's show cars back in the day, and he was able to aquire the Futura (for the sum of $1!) once Ford was done with it.

I seem to remember that this Bronco (named the "Dune Buster") was in fact a Ford show vehicle that toured the country, and Ford Motor Company would have had ownership of it.

At various stages in time, Ford has either crushed its show cars or sold them to employees (or others) who happened to be in the right place at the right time. If the Ford legal department felt that the Dune Buster was not compliant enough with federal safety regulations (remember, 1968 was the beginning of a lot of DOT-mandated safety equipment), then they could have ordered or recommended that the vehicle be crushed due to liability concerns.

DixieBlueRider

Loc.
Goochland VA
My guess is Ford repainted it for 1970 and gave it a new name... Wildflower!
13406_8365_popup.jpg

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/pr701106/broncohistory

BRONCOBERT

Unless Ford had two of these built I would say that is the same Bronco. Some one should let George know. LOL!