• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who Was Designer of this Bronco

77Bronco636

This is as much as we know...%)

I spoke to a local guy here in Michigan that is an engine builder and still hangs out with Doug Nash. He said the "Bronco Buster" was cut up long ago. The 289 motor was used in other race cars and sounds like the motor is still in Doug's possesion. But as far as a dream of finding that fast bad ass half cab, don't think it's going to happen!!?:?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I spoke to a local guy here in Michigan that is an engine builder and still hangs out with Doug Nash. He said the "Bronco Buster" was cut up long ago. The 289 motor was used in other race cars and sounds like the motor is still in Doug's possesion. But as far as a dream of finding that fast bad ass half cab, don't think it's going to happen!!?:?

Well atleast maybe the heart is still alive or could be somewhere out there.

DixieBlueRider

Loc.
Goochland VA
Doug Nash's "Bronco Buster" is a completely different Bronco then George Barris's "Dune Duster"

The "Dune Duster" was seen in the Chicago Auto Show in 1966 and 1968.
dunebuster2.jpg

The "Bronco Buster" had it's last race in 1967.
bronco_buster_1.jpg

...and the Wildflower appeared in 1970's Auto Show's
13406_8365_popup.jpg

So lets not say it's destroyed yet...

Last edited:

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
late 60's,70's era, someone parked it but just forgot where… Probably sitting in someone's basement ;)

Keep your eyes peeled.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
That 70's truck is certainly the same truck, the same cowl, the same knock offs on the wheels, the same weird roll-bar with the two bumps in it (I assume speaker pods) same exhaust out the side. If they are not the same then two where built at the same time because all the details match.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
I have to say what George Barris and all of his contempories did in the 60s and even the seventies was cutting edge for the time. Hell, IT WAS THE 60s,after all! Their work paved the way for todays cars and builders To look back on it now and say you dont like it is your opinion. However, what they did with the technology they had at the time, deserves respect and a place in history.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree cutting edge for the time!

frenchy

I have to say what George Barris and all of his contempories did in the 60s and even the seventies was cutting edge for the time. Hell, IT WAS THE 60s,after all! Their work paved the way for todays cars and builders To look back on it now and say you dont like it is your opinion. However, what they did with the technology they had at the time, deserves respect and a place in history.