• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whos going to Knotts this year.

anoblefox

Contributor
Went last year, this year we will be taking the 64 Comet Cyclone, fuel injected and restomodded.

For those who asked I have Comet photos, se them under new photos or events, knots 2013

Last edited:

Phil76

Loc.
Aransas Pass, TX
Last time I was at Knott's was August 16, 1977. We'd just finished spending the day there while on vacation for a week. As my dad started the car the radio was on, and they were discussing Elvis' death earlier in the day. Guess that's how I'll always remember Knott's.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Went last year, this year we will be taking the 64 Comet Cyclone, fuel injected and restomodded.

This I need to see. What area will you end up in? I'm a 64 Sprint & a 70 Cyclone owner. Neither will be ready for this show, but I'll be there to drool over everybody elses.

HB73

I'll be there, maybe with a Bronco. Depends on how bad the Resto shop needs their space back. They've promised I'll have it by the end of Feb.... Don't know if that means 2014 or 2015.

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
I got a question...
At what point in being a Bronco owner did you guys decide to start taking your rides to events and how did you determine if your ride was worthy enough to even take or be put in an event for display. As much fun as it sounds, I still have the gut feeling that the work I have put into my Bronco will truly be only appreciated by me. I don't know, I guess it is one of those insecurity things. Imagine over hearing someone talk trash about your ride you cried, bled, and sweated over for the past year and a half...

I guess I just have to do it and see what happens.. You can't tell me I am alone in feeling like this as I have yet to take my Bronco to any 'outing'.

bobzilla

Loc.
Riverside, ca
It makes no difference what your ride looks like, its just nice to see em all lined up at the show. I have worked on mine for years and three of the handfull of times i ve driven the damn thing have been to that show and back. Its a good place to check out everyones rigs and get some ideas for your own. I say bring it.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I got a question...
At what point in being a Bronco owner did you guys decide to start taking your rides to events and how did you determine if your ride was worthy enough to even take or be put in an event for display. As much fun as it sounds, I still have the gut feeling that the work I have put into my Bronco will truly be only appreciated by me. I don't know, I guess it is one of those insecurity things. Imagine over hearing someone talk trash about your ride you cried, bled, and sweated over for the past year and a half...

I guess I just have to do it and see what happens.. You can't tell me I am alone in feeling like this as I have yet to take my Bronco to any 'outing'.

Dont worry about it. If yours aint purdy enough they will park you toward the back with mine if I go.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
The Bronco group isnt like that. We welcome all and while you feel your rig isnt show worthy we all feel it is, as it shows the evolution of what people really buy and what they end up with. We've seen them all there from total rust buckets to rigs covered in mud to 6 figure rigs and he may be parked next to a rig that looks like it rolled down a rock pile. They keep us all corralled in our own little zone since we and they know we are all a little nuts. This is the best place to see the Bronco from what it was to where it can be. This isnt a car show to see who spends the most money and wins big prizes it is a collection of all the car clubs honoring their love of Ford products and all are treated as one big family. Its free to spectators but you will have to probably pay for parking someplace. You can send the cranky family off to Knotts for the day while you wallow in Ford Blue.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I'll be in Cabo this year but my heart will be in Orange County :-*

Next year the plan is for both my Bronco and I to be there ;D That's the "plan" anyway...

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
As much fun as it sounds, I still have the gut feeling that the work I have put into my Bronco will truly be only appreciated by me. I don't know, I guess it is one of those insecurity things. Imagine over hearing someone talk trash about your ride you cried, bled, and sweated over for the past year and a half...
Some car shows can be like that, but I've never witnessed that at Fab Fords... at least not in the Bronco area. ;D

But seriously there all ALL levels of Broncos there; from flawless restorations to totally beaten trail rigs. The variety of Broncos is what makes this show so great! Bronco owners are much more interested in picking your brain about mods you've made then picking on your faded paint job. You should definitely come. It's a great show.

Oh, and to the original question... I'll be there. First road trip with the new tow rig. :)

66Bronco

Glad to hear you're going to the Fab show this year Jon (you too Bill). SteveL you should go and bring that '66.

As Jon stated all Broncos are welcome.

-Terry

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just registered, BajaBronco and family will be there with some sort of Bronco.