• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whose Bed Liner to buy

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.... Who has used the bed liner ... IRON ARMOR from Harbor Fright .. $49.99 PER GALLON.
I called H/F this evening & they said that I can buy that 49.99 & used the 25% discount coupon on it . I'm going to try this one .. Wish someone had used it But that too much cheaper to not try it.

Last edited:

dougsride

al's liner

got my al's liner from 4 wheel parts . All the work is in prep. I sand blasted my floors, cleaned with metal prep, sprayed with self etching primer, cleaned with metal prep again and then applied the liner according to directions . took two gallons to do complete tub they way I wanted it. I did the body with monsterliner mostly because if I ever get sick of it I can peel it off with a razor.
monsterliner is basically thick urethane type paint.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
For about a 100 bucks you can get the 4 quart Raptor Liner kit and it comes with the gun to spray it. It has a nice texture and depending how course you want it depends on air pressure and the distance you hold the gun. Just scuff it up and wipe it down with wax and grease remover. Ken

I like Line x, but for a more reasonable route and price, I would agree...

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Does any one know which Orifice your paint gun need to spray these bed liners . I think I have an old primer gun & I was remembering it has about a 80 tip orifice .. While I believe my good paint gun has about a 42.
I'm not using this stuff in my good gun. But one of the grand sons came home with a TSC gun .. It's a really cheap-o .. SO I'm thinking of donating it.
..... But most of the bed liner says use a Shultz Gun. I thought a Shultz gun had about a 1/8 hole or orifice.
... Anyone use a paint gun to spray it. .

Last edited:

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Yea that Schutz gun has a big tip. I would think on a spray gun that a 2.0 or bigger would be needed. I have an extra Schutz gun if you want it, you just need the bottle to attach it to. Ken

dougsride

shutz gun is the way to go. I used a hopper style gun that I got from al's liner that looks like the ones used to spray the splatter finish on sheet rock and it worked great but the shutz gun puts a finer finish down.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... i HAVE A CHEAP-O from TSC GUN I'll check it to see what tip it has. As I said above in a post . I've got a really good Sharps gun but I'm not putting this stuff in it.
... I thought I had a Shultz gun. But I got out of the paint business in 1995 that's a long time ago.
As I was at Harbor Freight today. I was wondering why that Hopper Splatter gun would not work. OTHER than holding it to not pour out half a load.