• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whose Headers????

71sport408

Loc.
Mandan
Whose headers does everyone like. I have ran Duff's for the last five years, and now it's time for a new set. I liked the Duff''s, but I was just wondering what everybody prefers. They will be going on a 351.

Thanks
Will

broncnut

I have been running old school KbarS headers and like them. But they are hitting my front driveshaft so I am going to install the hooker shorties. They are not true shorties but between the short and long..

Terry

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
5 years thats all you got out of them! Thats pretty bad
I'm running hooker super comps been doing so for over 20 years on second set. most people dont like them they are fenderwell exit and if your into some extreme wheelin they do take up some ground clearance but I've never really had a problem with that allthough I did slightly crunch 1 one wasn't paying attention to the big rock but it was easily fixed. but that was before I lifted it they have none of the starter or driveshaft problems that some have. but your options for running the exhaust are limited basically you have to exit in front of rear wheels although I guess you could run the ehaust back inside the frame if you wanted overall I like them

Last edited:

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
Hookers here too

I am running Hooker #6909 on my 351. Runs good and fit well to. They go up over the clutch linkage instead of below.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
broncnaz said:
5 years thats all you got out of them! Thats pretty bad
I'm running hooker super comps been doing so for over 20 years on second set. most people dont like them they are fenderwell exit and if your into some extreme wheelin they do take up some ground clearance but I've never really had a problem with that allthough I did slightly crunch 1 one wasn't paying attention to the big rock but it was easily fixed. but that was before I lifted it they have none of the starter or driveshaft problems that some have. but your options for running the exhaust are limited basically you have to exit in front of rear wheels although I guess you could run the ehaust back inside the frame if you wanted overall I like them

Not everyone lives in rust free arizona like us. Some cars have a hard time getting 2 years out of an exhaust system in the rust belt. 5 years out of a set of headers could be considered good life, outside arizonia.%)

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D I run the hooker wheel well on my 351W but they were on the 289 untill the swap and clear everthing and not in the way of the cluch linkage shift linkage or the starter on my second set in 30 years no kicks good luck.%) %) %) Bill 8) %) :p

OP
OP
71sport408

71sport408

Loc.
Mandan
My old headers are still usable, just a little rusty. I'm doing a windsor swap, and cleaning everything up at the same time. I just want to get a new clean set.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
send them out and get them coated looks good and helps cut down on the heat

OP
OP
71sport408

71sport408

Loc.
Mandan
That's what I had planned on doing, but they were chromed originally and the coater said the ceramic would not stick well. Guess I could get them rechromed.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Make sure the headers will work on the 351 before you invest anything into them. I had a set of 302 headers (unknown brand, came with the truck) that would not work with the 351.

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
headers

the headers I had on the original 289 i had wouldn't work on my 351 either. they hit the frame. I ordered a set of headman's that didn't drop down far enough and hit the clutch linkage. The Hooker's I ordered fit real good. they go over the linkage. the 3 bolt flange is close to the frame and may have to be repositioned but other than that, there wasn't any other forseeable problems.

broncophile

Loc.
Fenton, MI
HAS ANYONE RUN THE L&L HEADERS FROM JBG'S? I CHECKED OUT A PAIR THE OTHER DAY AND THEY SEEMED PRETTY BAD ASS...GUARANTEED FOR LIFE, TOO...

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
I run the L&L Ultra flow headers from JBG on 2 of My Broncos. They are awesome. Get a set and you will see why they are life time headers. Heavy duty flanges, coated inside/out. Pricey but worth it in my book. I have never had a problem with mine. I have un the one set I have on a 302 for about 3 years then Put them on My 351W for the past 2 years. No Problems at all, even used the same gaskets, and No leaks;D

OP
OP
71sport408

71sport408

Loc.
Mandan
What size are the collectors on the ultra flows. Did u have to modify them to fit your 351?

Thanks
Will

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
I did not have to do any modifications on the headers to bolt up to my 351w, no clearance problems what so ever. I believe they are 2 1/2" collectors. They work really well on My 351w. I know it says slight mods may be needed with the 351w, but mine went right in. ;D