• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wife: "I thought you said it was done?"

sriha

I wish my bf would allow me a second Bronco. I need a trail rig and a nice one. He told me I could sell mine and get another. But he also told me I should sell my DD and get a fun car and a heep to drive around in winter. I told him the only way I would do that is if the fun car was another Bronco.

At least my current one gets a garage spot and he helps me sometimes.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, just gotta mix up your lists of stuff to do. take 1 day for her list, 1 day for yours ;)

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
Funny, my wife threw me a picture of mine when it first got into the garage, missing a right rear quarter, floor, B post, and lower half of the front A Post. She said "wow you have done a lot of work". I said I wish it was done to which she replied "I would like to drive it someday, but there is no hurry you build it the way you want to." "Just make the next one a "69 Camaro" See that is the kind of girl you guys need; plus she works at the #1 body shop in the country (check ABR and Fender Bender magazines) and can't wait to have a nice paint job on it. Only problem that is, it has to be a awesome job in my garage for her to show it to the painters at work.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I always hear, You could have bought a new one by now!

Sounds familiar. My wife said the next time I buy one (Gotta love her foresight) she wants me to be sure it already has what I want done to it. I'm pretty lucky though, as she loves the Bronco too and never really complains about what I spend. I think she's just happy I am in the garage on not at a bar. :)

hardcharger

Loc.
San Diego
my wife always wanted a lifted red jeep but after living with the bronco for a bit she likes it just fine... though she still wants me to build her a jeep, ugh.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I wish my bf would allow me a second Bronco. I need a trail rig and a nice one. He told me I could sell mine and get another. But he also told me I should sell my DD and get a fun car and a heep to drive around in winter. I told him the only way I would do that is if the fun car was another Bronco.

At least my current one gets a garage spot and he helps me sometimes.

BF? Tell him to just shut the hell up then do what you want. If he doesn't like it show him the door. Use this for inspiration.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
It took some training to get my wife to the point where she is on board. Now she just rolls her eyes when the Bronco fund get some more funds moved in. :) She used to tell me to sell it all the time, until she realized me and my EB are a PACKAGE DEAL. :)

sriha

BF? Tell him to just shut the hell up then do what you want. If he doesn't like it show him the door. Use this for inspiration.

Yes boyfriend, female here. I probably would get the door since I am the one who is living with him. He does have a second house that I could move too, boarder line tear down but it has a good garage;D

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Yes boyfriend, female here. I probably would get the door since I am the one who is living with him. He does have a second house that I could move too, boarder line tear down but it has a good garage;D

Not telling you what to do. Just saying there's lots of Bronco guys out there with good garages that can appreciate a Bronco girl.

Lunchbox

Loc.
Seattle, WA
I must have a good wife, it took a bit warming her up to the Bronco idea, ok so I bribed her with a new Rav4. This is a sample of a few of the conversations

Her: This is what I got for two grand? What’s still stock?

Her: what’s a 347 stroker
Me: better engine, more fuel efficient ;)

Her: Is that the roll bar? Will it cover the back seat?
Me: no, it’s stock
Her: FIX IT

Father-in-law: you know he has 20k just in parts in this
Her: it’s his truck and it makes him happy
Father-in-law: and the paint job is going to be $$$$
Her: You know that I picked the color

Her: what? You are not selling it in 10 years.
Me: I was thinking about doing a Mustang.
Her: Build one, you keep the Bronco, I will take a 67 Fastback.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Someone to help you spend your money.%)

A hole in the bottom of the wallet;D

Bought a nice '66 Halfcab, close to stock. She said she wants to keep it mostly stock for her to drive since I have 2 others after I put a 2 1/2" sl on it, too late, then don't do anything more, Yes, Dear%) Have to replace the driveshafts rear too short, front original and junk, I thought you weren't going to do anything more, Yes, Dear%) When are you going to put power steering on it so I can drive it?:??:?:cry::cry::cry:
Jim W.

Last edited:

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Her: what? You are not selling it in 10 years.
Me: I was thinking about doing a Mustang.
Her: Build one, you keep the Bronco, I will take a 67 Fastback.[/QUOTE]

Our wives must be related. Mine is the best. She rarely says anything negative about my hobby or the money I spend.

OP
OP
MartyG

MartyG

Bronco Guru
She drove it today...post engine work & power brakes. "Yeah, it drives alot better but whats wrong with the steering? Why does it drift back and forth?"
Sigh.
She did say "It really is a great looking truck."
And (As Bill Murray in Caddyshack said) "So I got that goin for me...which is nice".