• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild horse front disc conversion issues

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
I am in the process of installing the front disc conversion from wild horse on my 75. I can get the spindle and caliber bracket installed and torqued to 40 ft lbs but then I cannot turn my axle stubs. It feels like once everything is torqued down the axle is binding on something. It appears the axle stub is not centered in the spindle. Should I be shimming they spindle to the knuckle? I started on the pass side and the. Tried the drivers side and same issue on both sides. I am sure it is operator error but cannot figure out the issue. Thanks

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
The new spindles come with a seal pressed into the back (for early style outer
axles), if this is not what your old spindle looks like then remove this seal and use the rubber V-type seal (for late
style outer axles) that is also supplied. It should be just like the one on your existing outer axles. We also supply a
new nylon spacer (for late style outer axles only) which replaces the stock brass spacer located at the base of the
outer stub axles. Install this spacer with the beveled section against the base of the axle.

Highlighted in the instructions. Does the spindle seal need to be removed for your axles to have enough free play?

Pictures would help.

OP
OP
R

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
I didn’t see your attachment. Is the seal you are talking about in the back of the spindle the one that is about 2-1/2” or the 1”? My axle has a round portion where the stub starts. I have a few pics but I cannot upload them here