• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wildchild hinges

fire bronc

Loc.
iowa
hinges

i had them,didnt like them.they were to thin and had to use a ton of shims,i sold and switched to the new duff liftoff hinges and there like night and day way better made but more money, the money side is worth it .

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i only have my left ones on for right now, but they've been holding up fine for close to 2 years. the small hinge pins looked scarry to me too, but i haven't had any problems. they're no smaller than the factory hinge pins, and they lasted 31 years.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I have them and like them. I've had them on for over a year now and have no complaints thus far. You can minimize wear by putting a slight amount of grease on the pin. It seems to work on mine.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
cams 76 said:
im going to order these off the bc broncos site. are they durable? anyone had any problems?

I bought them during the mass buy and have never installed them. They just looked like I would have to custom install them. Smaller in size, etc. Obviously, others have had some issues with them or non at all... Since my rig has been a "Road Queen" for the last two years, I do not think that I will be installing them anytime soon.

D.

Skipdevil

Loc.
San Diego
I have them and like the thinner hinges. For $150 they do the job great. Make sure you take some time and sand the hinges before you pant them. The paint finish will turn out much better.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I too purchased a set during the last mass buy. I'm not too impressed with them. Too thin, weld spatter everywhere, and two holes left untapped left a bad taste in my mouth. Seems to me that I shouldn't have to spent two hours cleaning up someone elses product before installing it. I know a big reason a lot of us went with the Wildchild hinges was because of the difference in cost compared to the stainless steel ones Wildhorses sells. I've seen a set of the stainless ones in person (Wildhorses is about four miles from my house) and I would have ponied up the extra dough in a heartbeat had I seen the Wildchild hinges before receiving my set.