• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WildChild mass buy! Door hinges, straps & dual battery tray

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
Has any one else got their set yet? I am trying to wait patiently. Took the top off the other day and would live to be able to put those on

OP
OP
classic4x4s

classic4x4s

Loc.
Zachary, LA
I will contact them to see what's going on. Half of the orders were supposed to be shipped this past Monday, so maybe they are in transit.

If anyone else talks to them please post the latest info here.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
One of those guys emailed me. Said somehting bout mexico and our dough paying fer cheap liquor...or something like that. Any ideas?

70bronco

Loc.
Kingsburg, CA
They billed my Visa yesterday so my battery box should be on it's way. Now if I could just afford to buy 2 new batteries I'd be good to go. These mass buys are killin' my budget!

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
70bronco said:
They billed my Visa yesterday so my battery box should be on it's way. Now if I could just afford to buy 2 new batteries I'd be good to go. These mass buys are killin' my budget!

Not just the batteries, but the junk to hook them up together. Thats runs about $170, doesn't it?

OP
OP
classic4x4s

classic4x4s

Loc.
Zachary, LA
WildChild basically started shipping out yesterday and will ship out each day until the orders are filled. Please be patient with them, they are a 3 man operation so I'm sure our order has been a challange for them.

I'd like to hear some ideas about hooking the dual batteries up. Thanks.

broncnut

classic4x4s said:
WildChild basically started shipping out yesterday and will ship out each day until the orders are filled. Please be patient with them, they are a 3 man operation so I'm sure our order has been a challange for them.

I'd like to hear some ideas about hooking the dual batteries up. Thanks.

I still need to call them or they need to call me..I didn't get a call yet..

Terry

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
sfaforester said:
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/10.asp
go down the page about 3/4 way

This is the only way I know to hook them up. And I hope theres good instructions.

They are re-selling the basic kit from Wrangler NW . They have a FULL kit for duals made specific for the EB (all the stuff WH4x4 says isn't included), but the 2nd battery is to be mounted on the drivers side. Which I can't. After calling them (they are VERY knowledgable and very good to deal with) I got a kit from them that had ALL necessary parts made just for me. Solenoid, wire harness, AND battery cables (i will be using my WC tray). As for easy hook up, I can't see it being any easier. All my stuff is PRE-terminated (except the hot switch that goes to the fuse panel, but comes with a piece that just slides in over the fuse) and wires are labelled AND there are printed instructions. I have not installed mine (waiting for tray), but have mocked it up and it couldn't be any simpler.

Only downside i have heard is on the tray. and some people have problems with it's size and dimensions. as in 2 OPTIMAS will fit, but a combo of optima and not or two nots may not fit...

*oh yeah, I ended up at Wrangler NW AFTER recommendations from other users here, so that made me feel good, that i wasn't the guinea pig...;)

Bugs

Loc.
Gresham
Wrangler NW

Wrangler NW Used my EB for about a week designing their dual battery kit, Mine has the battery mounted on the drivers side.
I will also say they are great people to deal with! WHen the time comes I will be getting a HIGH amp alt. from them.
Bugs

Attachments

• oba3.jpg
    oba3.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 95

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
I guess I need to call them back. I only got a call when the mass buy started. I was put on a waiting list because I didn't need them right away. I never got a call back. I guess its safe to say they lost my #, and I need to call back to make sure things are ok.

70bronco

Loc.
Kingsburg, CA
Got my battery box on Monday. So who has the best deal on kits to hook'em up? Best prices on batteries? Do we need another mass buy? %) :D

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
70bronco said:
Got my battery box on Monday. So who has the best deal on kits to hook'em up? Best prices on batteries? Do we need another mass buy? %) :D

Wrangler NW

just tell them you don't need the trays and get shorter cables. that's what i did....now i just need my box...:p