• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wondering why you can't complain about certain Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Nobody said you cant complain about venders. But you better have your ducks in a row when you decide to do so.
This is probably one of the best mannered forums around. I've browsed some of the others looking for info and they can be very hard on people that are just asking a simple question that they didnt know the answer to. I've bought stuff from every bronco vender out there and have had small problems with parts or service with all of them in the end I got the correct part or the answer I would buy what I needed from any of the venders that happen to have that part no matter what any post says. I also inform people about problems with fitment of parts I've ordered. Most aftermarket parts do require fitment and you need to carefully make sure that everything else is kosher. 90% of the time the part is correct and the installation is what caused the problem.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
NCBRONCOS said:
Wake me up when this is over.:-*

Yeah I hear ya, I shouldn't have even put my 2 cents in, wasn't worth the time, I think I'll check out of this one. Each of the parts houses serve their purpose and I'm just glad they're still around, I know some have gone under through the years and others have scraped by, none that I know are rollin in the bucks, just earning a living like we all try to do, their's is just more fun than ours ;D

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
SaddleUp said:
I think you got something there. I wonder if this post wasn't just a way to get around the fact that the previous thread was closed.%) In fact I am almost certain of it.

x2

Nice way of saying what I was thinking %)

Ed

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Some sites are ok with bashing, this one is not... The only way it could be remotely fair is if every time a person orders from a vendor and gets the service that they expect, that they post a nice note how satisfied they are. Only then could someone weigh the positive and negative ratings...

DebosDave'72

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
DarkStar,

You seem to direct a bit of your thread at me, so please allow me this opportunity to retort...;D

When I gave my advice that he could win against a manufacturer, I never said I thought he was right or justified in doing so. It is a dirty trick, but it can work. You can get a settlement against a company simply because their insurance finds it cheaper to settle than to fight. When I found out this manufacturer was Chuck, I re-thought my advice, because I would never want someone to do something dirty to Chuck, as the other replies state, he is a well respected vendor and member to this board. He has proven himself time and again. When Chuck said it appeared that the guard was installed off center, I take his word for it. Another member personally talked to JBG, and it was disclosed that the guy wouldn't cooperate with JBG and tell them what they wanted to know.

I don't recall anyone defending the product, or the ties, they only defended Chuck and JBG. These are the people that we all rely on to provide us parts, and there are MANY more positive comments than negative for any of the vendors. So, when a guy comes in here and Just wants everyone here to cease doing business with them, that isnt' going to go over well. I personally looked past that, and tried to offer some objective advice.

You seem to want to defend the guy who installed the guard, that he did everything properly, but you as well do not know. You have not inspected the engine or the installation, so I don't know why you are getting so defensive of him? The folks on this board know Chuck well, and respect him, when it was disclosed that Chuck had been contacted and made a decision with what information was available to him, then this board rallied to Chuck's side. It would be hard for me to argue with Chuck's decision, he offered to replace the product free of charge.... That is all you will ever get from any kind of manufacturer, even more than you will get from most if you don't have a product professionaly installed.

While we are on the subject... we don't know that it was one of Chuck's ties that broke. I remember hearing that he replaced one of the ties?? There is a lot about the situation we don't know, but we do know Chuck. I am not saying Chuck is always right no matter what, but I do believe Chuck will make his best attempt to resolve anything that has to do with his products or his business, he has already proven that. The customer in question hasn't proven anything to this board, other than he doesn't like JBG or Chuck.

If he had contacted JBG and Chuck and told them everything they needed to know, before he came on here busting their balls on this forum, they may have been able to resolve things differently?? Chuck took responsibility and offered a replacement part. I guess I have not heard from you, if you think that resolves Chuck's responsiblity. If it does, then why not come to his defense? If you don't think it does, I am not sure what you expect him to do? I think there is too much unknown for you or I or anyone else on the board to make a call on that, which is why we have chosen to trust that Chuck will do the best he can with the information he has...

Dave

By the way welcome to the board, though I am not sure how much you will be back around, when you only post here to let all the members know that you detest the way we handle vendor complaints... %)

Frankenhorse

Loc.
Smyrna,TN
No one says you can't bash a vendor call them up and bash away. To come to CB and bash is like hiding behind Daddy's leg and sticking your tongue out.

People here do defend Chuck and BC more mainly because the all feel he is a friend to them(which he is). He posts here more then the rest of he vendors. No one needs to defend him he does a damn good job all on his own.

I don't care if is your 1st or thousandth post you are reopening a dead can of worms. If you have lurked on here for a year then you should have already known this. It is not like it is a well kept secret.

Also if you think this is bad try some of the other sights.

Welcome and keep posting the more the merrier.
Not on vender bashing though.;D

Hogback

Frankenhorse said:
People here do defend Chuck and BC more mainly because the all feel he is a friend to them(which he is). He posts here more then the rest of he vendors. No one needs to defend him he does a damn good job all on his own.

When i first got my Bronco I knew knothing about them. Then a friend gave me a BC Broncos catalog. I was in horse-heaven for a while. All the free tech information printed in that catalog helped me a lot and I thank Chuck for that and actually feel a little indebted. Then factor in all the work and research he does, while sharing it with us and asking for input.

Does this answer your question?

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Frankenhorse said:
No one says you can't bash a vendor call them up and bash away. To come to CB and bash is like hiding behind Daddy's leg and sticking your tongue out.

SERIOUSLY!!! You guys with complaints all had to pick up a phone or go online to order that problem product. Hit re-dial or send them an e-mail! It's a waste of this forum's time until you have contacted them. If you have contatcted them and still feel its unresolved, then post away!!;D

And if I break this rule, someone please attach a link to this thread and flame my complaint thread%)

OP
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
gb24 said:
I think this quote right here sums up half of the problem that is occurring. It seems like a lot of the posters on this board like to baby the vendors and when something negative is stated about one of the vendors they get riled up. There should be a level of freedom to speak your mind whether you are a newbie (me) or a senior member. Many of the vendors read this board to get feedback on what they are doing right and wrong. If no one is ever allowed to post a negative comment about a vendor or their product, then the vendors will have no implication of what they should try to improve upon.

However, I stated this is HALF of the problem. The other half is that people that want to complain about a product or service they received from a vendor, they nearly always come on and try to undermine the vendor's credibility rather than stating the issue and their frustration in a clear and concise manner. Including phrases such as "Going to sue" or "Don't buy from them" only ignite the fire and do nothing to convey your point.

So in my opinion, we basically need to all find some middle ground. The vendors on this board do too much for the Bronco community to deserve being bashed, but they also do too much for us not to provide them accurate feedback as to what they are doing right AND wrong so that they can see what needs to be worked on and what should be left alone.

Well said, I wish I had used those words. That is sort of what I was trying to say. I noticed on the response's, exactley like I described. Did I say "Chuck" was a bad person? Did I say he didn't try to assist the customer? Did I say the customer used some poor choices in words, showing his displeasure? I was pointing out that the customer disagreed with Chuck concerning the "cause" of the problem, yet y'all start into me on how "Chuck's" done this, he does that yadda yadda..... My point wasn't CHUCK, my point was pretty much all the vendors get better treatment with the exception of Jeff's. I used Chuck's example only after reading lots of bashing of Jeff's, some of Tom's, WH, Duff etc etc for over a year now. Then it seems the vendor cheerleaders all come to their favorites defense, even though they probably won't even know the full story. It seems like when "Chuck" says IHO it must have been installed incorrect, everyone seems to now agree Chuck must be right, even though no one was right in front of the customers rig to see if that was the case. Again, not slamming Chuck (There's no way he could see with 100% certainty that was the cause with just pictures, so he can only state an opinion), just can't understand on why people get on some sort of "Bandwagon" when a select few say something, it's almost as if they speak the "Gospel".
My only point is on the other boards (Bronco Fix, Pirate etc etc you just don't see the "Favoritisms like you do here, you see people discussing the problem, not bashing him.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Dark Star said:
My only point is on the other boards (Bronco Fix, Pirate etc etc you just don't see the "Favoritisms like you do here, you see people discussing the problem, not bashing him.

I think you got that backwards, this forum is where you don't find all the bashing and crap that goes on on other boards. This is one of the best ones out there and people on here don't care for tirades about vendors for the most part, usually discussing quality of a product or a situation that they need help with where to go next on is what is focussed on. If you don't like this board and find the others more to your taste, feel free, I'll take this one any day. You can ask the same dumb question 50 times and they will either help you immediately or redirect you to another thread or what to search for. I know I've done it a few times and over and over the members here go out of their way to help out. Take for instance the FAQ section that is being put together be the members for everyone to use. Lots of good folk here, give em some respect.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
there are other bronco boards:eek: :eek: don't need them i can get all the info i need right here and these bronco brothers are cool with me yeah they will flame you over the vendors but that doesn't have to stop you from posting darkstar you said you had you flame suit on maybe you did not install it right;D you are not going to change these guys minds but post away if it makes you feel better sometimes you just have to speak up for what you think nothing wrong with that
welcome to the board bet this thread get sewed up for much longer

probaja

Loc.
Mesa AZ
Madgyver said:
Fix the damn thing and be done with it... No need to come and gripe about it here...

41064106clapping%20hands.gif

ontherun

Loc.
San Antonio
Jeepster said:
I have a question.........If the plastic ties are no good, why are they included with the fan guard? Or are they? If they are, then Chuck or whoever should really look at that.

Since the "issue" that "bore" this particular discussion "stems" from, or,.. was "derived" from,... the afore mentioned,"p-l-a-s-t-i-c t-i-e-s,......" let's dwell on this,............."p-l-a-s-t-i-c t-i-e-s,......................." plastic ties,............ ties,......... made of plastic,...............%)
( even I,.... NEVER a' cheerleader,..... #1 cynic remember,.?) even I,. as a being of the female persuasion,.... would assume,...... that these little culprits,.... being the "plastic ties,..." would most probably,....... now,.. this IS an assumption;D ,..... be provided to me as a template accessory, to help me,.... as the consumer,....... create a format in which I was pleased AND satisfied,. so that in that order,. once I,. as the consumer,. felt "positioning" was correct,... would move forward and attach "fan guard" with an appropriate, stout wire,..(of the metal persuasion,..) so that I would be "confident" that I could move forward with wheelin' tha' snot out of tha' rig during a wheelin' excursion,... ofcourse that's JUST me assuming that that's what those "plastic ties" were for,......:p ;D Sally

OP
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
PDXBronco said:
I think you got that backwards, this forum is where you don't find all the bashing and crap that goes on on other boards. This is one of the best ones out there and people on here don't care for tirades about vendors for the most part, usually discussing quality of a product or a situation that they need help with where to go next on is what is focussed on. If you don't like this board and find the others more to your taste, feel free, I'll take this one any day. You can ask the same dumb question 50 times and they will either help you immediately or redirect you to another thread or what to search for. I know I've done it a few times and over and over the members here go out of their way to help out. Take for instance the FAQ section that is being put together be the members for everyone to use. Lots of good folk here, give em some respect.

Oh don't get me wrong, There are a lot of real great people, lots of info too, I'm just saying you can't disagree with any vendor here without getting bashed for.............Spelling, punctuation etc etc instead of trying to figure out the problem.

OP
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
ontherun said:
:-X ;D my reason for "Why you can't complain about certain Vendors" is,......;
Don't get me wrong Darkstar dude,.. I am NOT one to give out compliments,.... let's just say I'm the worlds' #1 cynic :cool: ,... BUT,... I am compelled to emphasize that when it comes to a "righteous" vendor,.... Chuck @ B.C. Broncos gained my IMPLICIT approval ;)
During the grand opening here in Tex. recently, the man,.. even after,. running the business throughout the day, throwing the feast for all of us to feed upon,. providing advice from those seeking it, ALL DAY LONG,... STILL,. took time out in the evening to help AND physically guide us on the installation of a gas tank "skid plate,." now,. for those who are aware,.. that fawker takes patience and precision!!!,..
EVEN SO,... in the seering god-forsaken Texas heat,... he made sure the install was a success!!!:eek: I felt SO guilty during and after the fact,... and yet he was SO generous EVEN though it was his' party,....:eek: :eek:
So,.. in summary,.. let me JUST say,.. I am NOT an ass-kisser, BUT,.. B.C.Bronco are the REAL Mc Coy when it comes to "customer service" :cool: Sally

Hi Sally!!! With all that being said...............Where did I say Chuck's customer service was poor?

OP
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
DebosDave'72 said:
DarkStar,

You seem to direct a bit of your thread at me, so please allow me this opportunity to retort...;D

When I gave my advice that he could win against a manufacturer, I never said I thought he was right or justified in doing so. It is a dirty trick, but it can work. You can get a settlement against a company simply because their insurance finds it cheaper to settle than to fight. When I found out this manufacturer was Chuck, I re-thought my advice, because I would never want someone to do something dirty to Chuck, as the other replies state, he is a well respected vendor and member to this board. He has proven himself time and again. When Chuck said it appeared that the guard was installed off center, I take his word for it. Another member personally talked to JBG, and it was disclosed that the guy wouldn't cooperate with JBG and tell them what they wanted to know.

I don't recall anyone defending the product, or the ties, they only defended Chuck and JBG. These are the people that we all rely on to provide us parts, and there are MANY more positive comments than negative for any of the vendors. So, when a guy comes in here and Just wants everyone here to cease doing business with them, that isnt' going to go over well. I personally looked past that, and tried to offer some objective advice.

You seem to want to defend the guy who installed the guard, that he did everything properly, but you as well do not know. You have not inspected the engine or the installation, so I don't know why you are getting so defensive of him? The folks on this board know Chuck well, and respect him, when it was disclosed that Chuck had been contacted and made a decision with what information was available to him, then this board rallied to Chuck's side. It would be hard for me to argue with Chuck's decision, he offered to replace the product free of charge.... That is all you will ever get from any kind of manufacturer, even more than you will get from most if you don't have a product professionaly installed.

While we are on the subject... we don't know that it was one of Chuck's ties that broke. I remember hearing that he replaced one of the ties?? There is a lot about the situation we don't know, but we do know Chuck. I am not saying Chuck is always right no matter what, but I do believe Chuck will make his best attempt to resolve anything that has to do with his products or his business, he has already proven that. The customer in question hasn't proven anything to this board, other than he doesn't like JBG or Chuck.

If he had contacted JBG and Chuck and told them everything they needed to know, before he came on here busting their balls on this forum, they may have been able to resolve things differently?? Chuck took responsibility and offered a replacement part. I guess I have not heard from you, if you think that resolves Chuck's responsiblity. If it does, then why not come to his defense? If you don't think it does, I am not sure what you expect him to do? I think there is too much unknown for you or I or anyone else on the board to make a call on that, which is why we have chosen to trust that Chuck will do the best he can with the information he has...

Dave

By the way welcome to the board, though I am not sure how much you will be back around, when you only post here to let all the members know that you detest the way we handle vendor complaints... %)

Hi Dave, very well stated & duly noted. I'm just not understanding, while the customer was very wrong on how he worded his displeasure, nobody looked at what he said about his install and what "He" saw was the problem. Everyone then focused on him and how He was told it was "his" poor installation, not the fact the a dozen or more people said the plastic ties sucked.

OP
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
Jeepster said:
I have a question.........If the plastic ties are no good, why are they included with the fan guard? Or are they? If they are, then Chuck or whoever should really look at that.

BINGO!!! Give that man a CEGAR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.