• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Would like to find a certain Bronco. FOUND IT!!!!

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seriously a BIG BIG congrats. :D I'm with Half on this...I'm thinkin' it's comin home! It's so awesome that you stuck with it and it paid off. Wow, that's just amazing. I'm sure cloud 9 doesn't describe it, and I know what you mean by "wanting this thing back"!!

I know this gives hope to others...c'mon you guys (you too Chief) don't EVER give up.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Hey this is more fun that hunting for a Buck....Hunting for a Bronco!! ...and there is NO Closed season! You can do it all year! ( that is my problem ). So Jimmy, this was a "Sport"; just wondering why it lost the "Sport" emblems... It does look like it has gotten better with age.....you know...sorta like wine....well, it maybe its the color!!!LOL!! I like it!

Yes, it was a Sport. I figure when he bought the new fenders, he either bought ones with just the standard Bronco emblem holes, or he didn't want to throw the extra coin for the Sport badges.

I'm stoked to have found this thing! :D

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Cool story. Hopefully you get it back someday.

I love the old vintage pics. I could look at these old pics all day. There are several vintage pic threads out there but I wish they were all in one gallery or something. Definitely cool.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
congrats .... great EB w. all the chrome trim aso ... i dig the custom tire carrier

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I appreciate all the kind words from everyone. Words cannot explain how happy I am to have found it. I showed Dad the pictures last night. I took a picture of the rear end housing where he installed a fill plug when he had it. When he saw that, the smile on his face was priceless. :)

I'm very hopeful to get it back. I need to get things in order so I could buy it if given the opportunity.

Here is a picture of it after doing it's job in 1984. :cool:

Attachments

• Maroon '69 24.JPG
    Maroon '69 24.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 225

Unknown

Contributor
Congrats JGbronc, way to stick with it. It sure looks like the current owner has loved that EB, it's super clean!

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Very cool!
The problem now is your not going to be able to sleep knowing where that Bronco is.
It's amazing that you were able to locate it and it's still in one piece.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
So freakin' cool you found it and got to get those pics. It is great that the current owner seemd nice enough to let you spend some time around it. It obviously means something to that family as well and they took care of it. hopefully as time passes she will be able to let it go to you. Good luck!

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Great story....so happy for you. Hopefully, we see pictures of it in your garage soon!!!

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I took a picture of the rear end housing where he installed a fill plug when he had it. When he saw that, the smile on his face was priceless. :)

I was wondering how you "knew" you'd found it, since so much had changed. Glad there was a sign. I tried googling a "rear end housing" but still couldn't figure it out. Is your dad's modification visible in one of the photos you posted?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
It's officially found!

Today, I saw the old '69 for the first time in likely 10 or more years. It's beautiful! It now has power disc brakes, newer 302, and newer power steering pump. It's different from the late 80's, but it's still awesome!

Unfortunately Dad had to work late and didn't get to join in. The owner was even nice enough to tell me I could bring him to look at it sometime if I wanted to. I think I will! :cool:

Awesome.. yeah great idea to take dad over to see it too.

Hang in there, maybe they will decide they don't really need it. Love the Pics, Great looking Rig.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Wow... what a great deal. I sure hope the situation works out for you and your dad to get her back. Good looking rig!:cool::cool::cool:

Schreiber

Loc.
Huntsville, AL
Jimmy, great story; great final pics! I'm glad I got to participate in the search, even in some small way. I'd love to see this Bronco end up in Skyline - I hope all those pieces fall into place. Where exactly is this Bronco now? In Huntsville?

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Jimmy, great story; great final pics! I'm glad I got to participate in the search, even in some small way. I'd love to see this Bronco end up in Skyline - I hope all those pieces fall into place. Where exactly is this Bronco now? In Huntsville?

It's outside of Huntsville in the Maysville area.

I do appreciate you suggesting going and talking to Jack. Special thanks to Schreiber too!

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I was wondering how you "knew" you'd found it, since so much had changed. Glad there was a sign. I tried googling a "rear end housing" but still couldn't figure it out. Is your dad's modification visible in one of the photos you posted?

On top of that, the owner's husband purchased it from a guy that I knew for sure owned it several years ago.

The rear end housing is what the 3rd member and axles are housed inside. Here is a pic of the fill plug Dad installed. That little square plug wasn't there originally.

Attachments

• Maroon '69 12.JPG
    Maroon '69 12.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 286