• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Would you help another Broncoholic?

KST1

I'd be in.

What about posting your route when your taking a trip and asking for fellow EBers along the way for their info. That keeps it off the web and lets people decide who they give the info to.

Just a thought.

-D

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
One of the basic concepts I learned early on in life. Its about Karma. If you stop and lend a hand, you are paying it forward. Ever been broke down without that one tool? or a hose clamp?

I'm in.

dpm

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
Re: Re:Would you help another Broncoholic?

2badrotties said:
[quote author=BrewDude link=board=5;threadid=22266;start=15#msg171837 date=1063934751]
I'd be more then willing to help a brother (or sister). Heck if any one in the area needed help on a project I'd be willing to lend a hand.
How about a brother who dresses like a sister ? ;D [/QUOTE]

As long as it is done in private and I don't have to see it, it's cool with me ;D

OP
OP
B

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
I'm back!! I was off Friday, the weekend, (not long enough so too Monday and Tuesday off also and went to the river). The other site that I refered in the orginal post was a secure site that you had to be a member of before you could get into this area where names and numbers were.
I'll contact the admin folks to see if I can help get the "secure" ball rolling.
As I live in the desert area of So. Cal., I have a car trailer, 4x4 Dodge one ton lots of tools, etc. I thought I could help out others in this area. Heck if you just needed a place to park and sleep. That's okay I enough room behind a 6 foot fence.
Anyway, lets see what happens with the Admin people.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
It sounds like several of you want something like this, but I'm worried that the information would be abused. What if someone decides to be a jerk and starts collecting addresses for junk mail/phone calls? Or worse, they start targeting trucks to steal. There's some possible liablity to think of from my end, being the one who would have provided the means for such abuse to take place.

Bart you mention security, which would be essential, but how would you determine that? Who would be able to view the list? Limiting it to site members really isn't secure at all because you only need an anonymous email address to be a member. The other site you mentioned appears to be a paid membership site so they already have credit card and mailing info on file to verify their members.

I could maybe make a private forum where only select people would be able to post and view posts. Maybe only those that offered help would get to see others offering help, but that list may be so small that it would rarely get used.

The drivers license thing might be an option, but to be honest I barely have time to run the site as it is some days. Verifying peoples identies and keeping that list up to date would take a lot of time and manual data entry from faxes. And in a few months when I get my crash course in diaper changing I'm going to have even less time. :)

Maybe a manual mailing list?? Or email list? I'm just thinking out loud.

OP
OP
B

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Diaper changin'%) ;) :) :eek: 8) Does this mean CONGRAS' are in order????? If so, Super!! 8)
Yes, you're right the Dodge site is a paid site and that may change things a might. I have NO problem with starting an email phone number exchange with other Broncoholics. I'll start the email parade with my work email address and kinda moduate it that's okay with you, Jon. If you bless the email idea I'll email everyone who thought, on this post, that it is a good idea. I'll send them my cell phone number, my area, and what help I can offer. They in turn can send the same information back to me. At this time, I don't think addresses would be a good idea. If someone is broke down or other wise needs help I'll find them.

JFX

Relatively new here, but I like the idea.

What if there were one Volunteer (a moderator or someone well known to the site) that had all of the info? If you were to break down somewhere, you call the volunteer and he calls the person closest to you. One person with the cell phone numbers/locations of People that are willing to help. Of course with caller ID, once you call the stranded person...they have your number.

If someone were to take the time and effort to call in to "Bronco Dispatch" for help, I don't believe that they would harm anyone.

Just my humble opinion.

JFX

Spence

Loc.
Westminster, Co
I'm in. If anyone in the Colorado area ever needs help, I'd be more than willing. Got a powerstroke that'll pull almost anything, along with a b@ttload of tools. (Still working on the EB)

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Re: Re:Would you help another Broncoholic?

2badrotties said:
[quote author=BrewDude link=board=5;threadid=22266;start=15#msg171837 date=1063934751]
I'd be more then willing to help a brother (or sister). Heck if any one in the area needed help on a project I'd be willing to lend a hand.
How about a brother who dresses like a sister ? ;D [/QUOTE]
I'd even help you out in a dress. Especially if you called from a public phone.;D

BroncoT

Loc.
Milford, CT
Let me post here for the other side-I'm definitely NEEDING help, everything from a trailer to haul a frame & parts vehicles, to engine, tranny install-alright, those are distant plans, but I'll still need help!!!

OP
OP
B

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Well, no one has said that I can't so I'm going to start it off.
Here's what I'll do. I'll email everyone, who has said "Heck Yes, I'd help". I'll get them my information, cell phone number, my area of residence and what kinda help I can give. Take this information and tuck it in your wallet. If you're in my area (or even close) and need my assistance, call. If I can help I'll be there. I don't think the weasels out there can mess that up and it won't involve Classic broncos. I've helped out some Bronco people in the past and have nothing but a good time helping and meeting my people. Heck, over the weekend, while wheelin in the hills of San Bernardino, I even helped a broke down Jeeper. The fact that two friends behind me also had jeeps had nothing to do with it. LOL;D
So, to Spence, Brew Dude (love the name), Saddle Bronco and the rest of you stand by for emails. 8)