• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wrecked 72 Bronco

OP
OP
tkdutcher

tkdutcher

Loc.
Morrisville, NY
i really want it....i hate sealed bid cause 2100 might be way too much or not enough....what would one of you guys spend on it?? would most bronco people even consider a salvage one?? just not sure what kind of people i would be up against. it is at a salvage/wrecked vehicle auction that only dealers and dismantlers can buy at....

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I would bid 1,500

If you did you would own it. It's pretty much bent up. You have one door and the rear part of the tub and thats it. I guarantee the frame is bent. from a salvage point of view it's not worth much. From a classic point of view it's a parts truck. I would bid 1k and not feel bad if I did not get it. You can't save them all and if you got out bid at least you know it would be going to another collector. No salvage operation will bud that high.

OP
OP
tkdutcher

tkdutcher

Loc.
Morrisville, NY
the only thing is i am from NY and the bronco is in GA. It is pretty hard to come by a "rust free" bronco around here....fixed up the right way and resold it is worth quite a bit or it could just be a fun driver

OP
OP
tkdutcher

tkdutcher

Loc.
Morrisville, NY
If you did you would own it. It's pretty much bent up. You have one door and the rear part of the tub and thats it. I guarantee the frame is bent. from a salvage point of view it's not worth much. From a classic point of view it's a parts truck. I would bid 1k and not feel bad if I did not get it. You can't save them all and if you got out bid at least you know it would be going to another collector. No salvage operation will bud that high.

we paid 1700 for this and keeping it for ourselves.....maybe some people would have used it for parts but it has been a fairly easy rebuild so far....:cool:

Attachments

• 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 52

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I agree with Bax on this one. Especially if you will have to spend an extra $2500 in auction and transport fees. And you say it's rust free, but from the south. Those seem like contradictions to me. Have you inspected it in person to verify it's really as clean as the outside looks?

OP
OP
tkdutcher

tkdutcher

Loc.
Morrisville, NY
no i guess it is about 500 in transport fees so it would be much less than 5000 by the time i got it home. still thinking......

Bronco Ga

Loc.
Georgia
Has anyone looked at this Bronco in person?

How were the mechanicals? Any rust? Were there any shoddy repairs preaccident?
If that Bronco is as good as it looks (and they rarely are), I wouldn't give more than $1,000 for it.
If it ends up a donor it's worth the sum of it's parts.
By the time you buy it, move it and see what you have you may be upside down.

OP
OP
tkdutcher

tkdutcher

Loc.
Morrisville, NY
Okay, so the ACV (what the appraisal was when it was not wrecked) is 35,000 and the estimated repair cost is 13,000. I know it would not cost that much to have it repaired as my husband and I would do the work ourselves and we have a few broncos that we could get misc parts from i.e. brackets, steering, suspension. By the looks of it we would only need the body parts i.e. grille, fender, inner structure, bumper.....If the frame is bent and not hurt too bad, Trav does have a frame puller and he would straighten it himself. So it must have been in decent condition before the wreck to make it worth 35,000 :cool:

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
35k sounds high to me, it must have been perfect. It would make a nice project and could be fixed easily.

OP
OP
tkdutcher

tkdutcher

Loc.
Morrisville, NY
35k sounds high to me, it must have been perfect. It would make a nice project and could be fixed easily.

Sounds high to me too that is the only reason it might be worth it...I have not looked at it personally but I think if for some reason it can't be fixed it is always worth it in parts. If I have to take a loss....oh well, live and learn :p

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Okay, so the ACV (what the appraisal was when it was not wrecked) is 35,000 and the estimated repair cost is 13,000. I know it would not cost that much to have it repaired as my husband and I would do the work ourselves and we have a few broncos that we could get misc parts from i.e. brackets, steering, suspension. By the looks of it we would only need the body parts i.e. grille, fender, inner structure, bumper.....If the frame is bent and not hurt too bad, Trav does have a frame puller and he would straighten it himself. So it must have been in decent condition before the wreck to make it worth 35,000 :cool:

In salvage mode you don't go by previous appraisal. it really means nothing. I can get an appraisal / worth to me for about any amount. 35K is a # someone used to cover it for insurance reasons / worth to the owner. If it's up for bid it's only worth is what they get for it. The fact that the owner did not want it back should tell you something. yes it can be rebuilt and yes you can insure it for a worth of 35K when your done. Worth is how much money it will bring right now.

OP
OP
tkdutcher

tkdutcher

Loc.
Morrisville, NY
In salvage mode you don't go by previous appraisal. it really means nothing. I can get an appraisal / worth to me for about any amount. 35K is a # someone used to cover it for insurance reasons / worth to the owner. If it's up for bid it's only worth is what they get for it. The fact that the owner did not want it back should tell you something. yes it can be rebuilt and yes you can insure it for a worth of 35K when your done. Worth is how much money it will bring right now.

Maybe the owner did buy it back through the auction. And the appraisal means something because an insurance company is not going to insure a "rust bucket" for anywhere near $35,000. Apparently is was worth more than I bid.....probably someone who got the chance to personally inspect bought it after realizing how must potential it really has! :cool: