• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wrecked bronco what is it worth

OP
OP
Z

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
Personally, I would fix it! Too much invested to just give it up. Having said that it is definitely gonna be worth more parted out than selling as a whole IMO!

Whatever you do, don't junk the truck! Once you get what you can out of the parts im sure there is someone that could at least use the tub or even the whole of what you have left over and get it back on the road. Good Luck!

Kinda curious if you don't mind telling, what happened? Looks like somebody hit a telephone pole of something of that sort with the way the center of the grill is pushed in. Definitely sucks to see though!

Based on the pics one would think it hit a pole, but it was a head on accident. No one was injured. Caused a lot of damage to the other car..

Mike.thespike

Loc.
Powell River B.C
my experience in selling and parting out stuff yeh you could get your money back if your lucky but its a little at a time and time and more time and dealing with jerks that want a stupid good deal granted you will deal with some really nice people to but it would probably take longer and be more of a hassle to part it out than to fix it but that just my opinion

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Ok so I see it this way, you don't want a project (don't want to fix it) but yet you want the project of taking all the parts off it to sell. Do you plan to have a U Pull it party? Are all the parts going to be local sales only or local pickup? If not you have marketing, shipping, packaging, package pickup and answering 500 questions after you post the parts. And lets don't forget lost packages and if something arrives broken or don't work.....what a pain that is.....

It's more of a project to dissasemble the whole rig and try to sell the new brake lines and smalls than it's worth. The big stuff will go quick and maybe you have it priced at a point you clear your money on the bigs......If your time is worth anything (and I'm sure it is) then fixing it will be more cost effecient and quicker unless you already have another bronco ready to buy in the same kind of shape.

Nothing against those selling there bronco but lets face it, there's a bunch of crap out there selling at a prem price. You buy one and things are good for a bit then the rust comes bleeding through and you have a "project" again. Maybe you will get lucky and buy a great one. It's a roll of the dice.....

Not being an A$$ I wish you all the luck on whatever you do but that rig is in too good a shape to scrap end of story. Heck, I think you could sell it as is for more than you could parting it out with a salvaged title (which I think you will not have, read my othre post on my totaled brand X car).

Tim

OP
OP
Z

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
Ok so I see it this way, you don't want a project (don't want to fix it) but yet you want the project of taking all the parts off it to sell. Do you plan to have a U Pull it party? Are all the parts going to be local sales only or local pickup? If not you have marketing, shipping, packaging, package pickup and answering 500 questions after you post the parts. And lets don't forget lost packages and if something arrives broken or don't work.....what a pain that is.....

It's more of a project to dissasemble the whole rig and try to sell the new brake lines and smalls than it's worth. The big stuff will go quick and maybe you have it priced at a point you clear your money on the bigs......If your time is worth anything (and I'm sure it is) then fixing it will be more cost effecient and quicker unless you already have another bronco ready to buy in the same kind of shape.

Nothing against those selling there bronco but lets face it, there's a bunch of crap out there selling at a prem price. You buy one and things are good for a bit then the rust comes bleeding through and you have a "project" again. Maybe you will get lucky and buy a great one. It's a roll of the dice.....

Not being an A$$ I wish you all the luck on whatever you do but that rig is in too good a shape to scrap end of story. Heck, I think you could sell it as is for more than you could parting it out with a salvaged title (which I think you will not have, read my othre post on my totaled brand X car).

Tim

Thanks to all of those that have replied, PM'd and emailed.

The bronco will have a clear title, but in good-faith I will have full disclosure if or when I sell..

This was really not about if it could be fixed, or if i could fix it, the bronco was in worse shape when I got it. I did 98% of the work in less than a years time while holding down a real job.

The reason for me not dealing with the wrecked bronco was a simple time issue. I need to get my daughter back into a vehicle.. Yes buying a bronco is a gamble. I have inquired about many since the wreck and many peoples perspective of nice and my perspective are way different. I am not looking to pay 20k for a bronco someone put a paint job on and called it restored. I am fully aware of the $$ one can throw at a bronco and the challenges with rust, overheating, death wobble, bronco lean at hundreds more..

I am buying a new bronco to get my daughter back on the road unless I can not find one in a reasonable amount of time. As to what will happen with the wrecked bronco will largely depend on what I purchase..

So yes i can part out the wrecked bronco, it would be at my leisure so the time issue is not the same. The original question was really what makes sense from a dollar perspective? I do not want to spend a bunch of time parting it out to gain $500 over selling it as is.

Yes I could repair it myself and sell as suggested, great suggestion and if that is the path that would provide the best return on my money than that would be an option..

Based on what I see my best return would be to sell it as is... But then again I do not have a replacement yet.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
This smells like a Memorial Day weekend Bronco get together and repair write up.

This is the stuff magazines live for, other forums wish they had, you name it.

zbronco get's some suds and BBQ rolling, they will come over and help.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
The reason for me not dealing with the wrecked bronco was a simple time issue. I need to get my daughter back into a vehicle.. I am buying a new bronco to get my daughter back on the road unless I can not find one in a reasonable amount of time. As to what will happen with the wrecked bronco will largely depend on what I purchase..

I've been there. My daughter rear-ended someone in her first car. Bumper cover, hood, finder, headlights, rad busted, one of the frame front horns bent and air bags deployed. Happend on a Firday afternoon and she had to have it on the road by Tuesady. Long sotry short, she was back on the road minus a hood, air bags and one head light. I got the parts in and finished up the job over the next week plus.

People think differently on things.....Me, I'm going to take the parts off that need removing (bumper, grill, and maybe the hood), replace what needs it (fan, rad and shroud) get the rig on the road. Fix it over time......Hammer (BFH) out the clearances needed to drive it. Limit the use for safty and keep the rig you put so much blood sweat and tears into....I don't think I could let mine go because of the personal investment I've made.

Tim

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
I still don't understand. I get the bang for the buck theory. But your rig looks very nice and I would thing fix it would bring way more than sold as is or parted out. I agree w/ what you called restored and what someone else calls restored are different. So you have restored this Bronco to your satisfaction and know it's better than other "restored" $20,000 Broncos? Therefore in your eyes your rig is a $20k plus rig so why fix it and sell it to get another one? Take the insurance money buy your daughter a crapper to get her by until her Bronco is fixed(after you buy it back from the insurance company). And oh have her help you fix it.

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
Take the insurance money buy your daughter a crapper to get her by until her Bronco is fixed(after you buy it back from the insurance company). And oh have her help you fix it.

Based on the story you shared about how the accident happened, I think this is a very solid suggestion.

But I can imagine how difficult it would be to make myself restore a bronco project I just completed. On the other hand, maybe it's time to let your daughter learn how much effort her dad put into it the first time, if she doesn't already know...

Jeff