• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wrecked bronco what is it worth

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
I'll give you 2k for it right now so you can go buy your next rig right away. :)

OP
OP
Z

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
"I agree the bronco is fixable, just not sure I have the time to invest. Since I built it for my daughter I am sure she would like to get back into a bronco soon and not the 4- 6 months it would take me to sort out the damage."

So you would rather gut this very nice Bronco. Reinstall all the "Goodies" (a/c, fuel injection, gas tank / pump, serp set up, etc) on another Bronco that you will probably have to put new quarters, fenders, wiring, paint, and interior in anyway(unless you are going to spend a ton of cash) than fix this one? And you have based this off my daughter would like her Bronco back sooner than 4-6 months? If you did all the work on that Bronco why could you not easily fit it? Sounds like you can do everything except paint? Or did you also paint it? Sorry I'm not understanding the logic here. By the time we are all finished discussing it you could have the bumper and grill off. I bet you could fix the fender and core support.

NO, I believe I said was not looking for a project which to me means I would not be replacing all of the items you have listed and potentially other items.

The bumper and grill were off weeks ago... The purpose of the post was to figure out if I would come out better selling as is or parting out. I agree bronco can be put back together..

I expect to receive the fair settlement offer from the insurance company on
Tuesday next week. Part of the settlement was I keep the bronco.

No thanks on the 2k offer, i have received offers for well over 2k for the engine and trans with the fuels injection.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Fix it! In those figures add $400-$500 for the frame for a shop to fix it. You will not be able to pull it out with a come along.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I think you would be better off in the end cost wise to fix it yourself. Let the kid wait until its done or buys herself her own car. If it were mine I would not fix the frame but buy a good used one. Cut the front off the Bronco tub remove the tub and swap the drivetrain to the replacement frame. Drop the tub on the replacement frame and add a new front end. Theres alot of ways to get what you want except the time factor.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Everyone seems to be missing the point of his question. He's not planning on fixing it.

You'd make more parting it but spend a whole lotta time doing it. Sent you a PM.

RETIRED SARGE

Loc.
GREEN BAY
That can definitely be fixed. FIX IT!!!!!!! These are too rare and too hard to find. I think you could fix it yourself. if your not comfortable with that I know you could find someone with autobody experience to fix it for quite a bit less than 6K. Find a bodyshop with a frame straightener and they can straighten them fairly easy. I have done it several times on a few different F150's.

BR549

Loc.
huntsville
The question is what's it worth? Answer. More than mine. Should have asked insurance stop short ( with money) of totaling it so the title would still be good.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I think its going to be hard to put a value on it until you decide how much of it your going to remove from it to put on the next Bronco. As it sits, I would ball park it at about $4000. I'm sure that you have way more than that into it but all a buyer will see is the work that needs to be done on it. I would wait to see what insurance offers you then see what that will buy you in your area. Figure out what you will have to put into the next Bronco to make it the way you want it then crunch the numbers to see what you need out of this one to make it all happen. If it was mine, I would fix it but if you don't want to go that way you shouldn't have much trouble selling it. Looks like a very nice rig to me.

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
It shouldn't be a branded title due to age of the bronco AND if you retain salvage. Looks to me like more more parting it than it is to fix it. I'm a body and paint man. I think your crazy if you don't fix it IMO.

OP
OP
Z

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
I think its going to be hard to put a value on it until you decide how much of it your going to remove from it to put on the next Bronco. As it sits, I would ball park it at about $4000. I'm sure that you have way more than that into it but all a buyer will see is the work that needs to be done on it. I would wait to see what insurance offers you then see what that will buy you in your area. Figure out what you will have to put into the next Bronco to make it the way you want it then crunch the numbers to see what you need out of this one to make it all happen. If it was mine, I would fix it but if you don't want to go that way you shouldn't have much trouble selling it. Looks like a very nice rig to me.

The insurance company and I have agreed to the settlement and part of the settlement is I am keeping the bronco.

I am going to purchase new to me bronco that is not a project. And yes if my bronco is only worth 2k or 4k I will put a new radiator in it an put in on my land.. But I also know I can part it out for more than 2-4k. The bronco's I am considering would have me removing little if anything from my bronco. Little meaning powerjection and possibly A/C.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
The insurance company and I have agreed to the settlement and part of the settlement is I am keeping the bronco.

I am going to purchase new to me bronco that is not a project. And yes if my bronco is only worth 2k or 4k I will put a new radiator in it an put in on my land.. But I also know I can part it out for more than 2-4k. The bronco's I am considering would have me removing little if anything from my bronco. Little meaning powerjection and possibly A/C.

I understand that you don't want a project. I hope you find another great Bronco. If your willing to Part out your Bronco, I bet you would do very well. There is a ton of good stuff on there! Good luck with whatever you decide.

KBUCK1

is the bronco painted or is that some sort of liner thats tinted? it looks to have a texture like liner. Pm me with what you want out of it like it is. Thanks

OP
OP
Z

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
is the bronco painted or is that some sort of liner thats tinted? it looks to have a texture like liner. Pm me with what you want out of it like it is. Thanks

It is a liner (speedliner).. I do not know what i want for it as it sits, that was what this thread was about to help determine the value and if it is worth more as separate pieces or whole.

I not trying to upset the Bronco Gods by mentioning the idea of piecing it out or me not repairing the bronco. Just trying to get an idea on what will give me the best return.

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
Fix it...I rolled mine and basically just got a new body as the frame was fine. If the front frame is tweeked an the front clip too then new frame and front clip. I know its not a that simple as Ive rebuilding mine since 2011 , but you have a lot not to.

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
You guys all seem to be missing the point. Fixing it does not seem to be in the equation. Your personal opinions are all valid points, but it isn't your bronco.

Obviously it is worth some peoples time and effort to do the work themselves. That isn't an option for everybody, unfortunately.

I believe that you could sell that as is for ~$5000.

Parting it out has the higher potential for getting a better value, but you have to factor in the extra time and effort that you will have to put into the truck to remove parts and whatnot. In order to get a maximum profit you will also have to be patient for buyers willing to pay the right price. Low-ballers and a desire to "get the parts out of your hair" can easily void your efforts to part out. There is also a good chance that many parts will take up space for a prolonged period as they are waiting to be sold.

At the end of the day it is your judgement call based off the effort you are willing to put forth. You say that you don't want to fix it because of the time it would take. If you try to part it out you will probably spend just as much time disassembling and dealing with potential buyers.

Good luck with the decision!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Personally, I would fix it! Too much invested to just give it up. Having said that it is definitely gonna be worth more parted out than selling as a whole IMO!

Whatever you do, don't junk the truck! Once you get what you can out of the parts im sure there is someone that could at least use the tub or even the whole of what you have left over and get it back on the road. Good Luck!

Kinda curious if you don't mind telling, what happened? Looks like somebody hit a telephone pole of something of that sort with the way the center of the grill is pushed in. Definitely sucks to see though!

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
even banged up she looks mint condition to me!

It could be fixed for about 3 grand or less and then it would be worth $15,000 again.

I wouldn't piece it out. Its gona take way way more work to piece it than sell it as is. Even as it sits it looks worth 8 grand or more.

Hell id hook a stap to a tree and pull the radiator out of the fan and drive it as is!