• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

You Know You're a Bronco Owner if.....

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
You know you (and your spouse) are Bronco owners if....
Two weeks after buying another (now the fourth) and you find a one owner 68 stocker for sale.... your better half oks the deal (on #5), and on the way home from paying for your new purchase, SHE spots another for sale and tells you
"if you really want to, go ahead"

I think we have a winner :) Does she have a sister? JK!

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Man, I hope you got a hell of a deal on it. Anything much more than "free" would make me raise an eyebrow on that one!! ;D
LOL well that is the body, it was completely in peices, all the parts were there for a complete Bronco but thanks to the PO leaving the motor uncovered I got 4 gal of water out of it, Cyl. were toast thanks to rust, the frame looked goo until I started working on it, did get a good C-4(already sold) D-20, BB 9" and a D-44. see my other thread for a few progress pics,Rolling chassis is due this Sunday.

And back on thread.
If you take an hour and a half to stop by to check out another members project while you should be working! What's the boss gonna do, fire me? More time to work on my Bronco.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
You search Ebay on a daily basis looking for and bidding on parts to build your next EB that you don't even have. Say to yourself, "I may need that someday":p

Brian B

You have a to car garage. Your Bronco on one side and parts and tools on the other side. Leaving your $30k truck in the driveway.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
You take one look at this Bronco and think to yourself, "I can rebuild it"
DSC00006.jpg

Ok so that is my 74 that we are working on now, but I got a hell of a deal on it.

It can be done, but man you are the most optimistic guy I have ever seen. Keep us posted on that one.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
We are such a happy bunch of sick puppies aren't we??
Only vehicle I have had that appreciates when its in pieces.
Only vehicle I have had the wife likes!!
Only vehicle the wife wants to go on vacation in (loves bugging the ricers)
She says "when are you going to get the new body from chuck?""
And you wonder why I won't trade her for anything??
(Both the Bronco and the wife)
TOFIC

Broncobowsher

Total hack
You have a to car garage. Your Bronco on one side and parts and tools on the other side. Leaving your $30k truck in the driveway.

I have a new house with a 3 car garage. And the Bronco and tools are the only thing in there. I am looking at putting A/C in the garage in the next month or so. But have yet to go shopping for bedroom furnature, window coverings, etc.

The backyard landscaping includes a place for the future 20' car hauler.

The house was ordered specifically for the largest RV gate so the toys can be driven into the backyard.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I have more square feet in garage and carport for my tools,bronco and toys than in my house and I need more room.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Free may be a little high.

Well it has some good parts and it will be a great project, at least I will know every inch of it, Yea it is alot of work but my labor is free, anything can be a base to start, if you have more desire than cash.
I already have everything I need to get a running rolling chassis, except the NP435 adapter, A pattern so if anyone has one Help a brother out!!

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Well it has some good parts and it will be a great project, at least I will know every inch of it, Yea it is alot of work but my labor is free, anything can be a base to start, if you have more desire than cash.
I already have everything I need to get a running rolling chassis, except the NP435 adapter, A pattern so if anyone has one Help a brother out!!

I posted before I seen the other post showing the other goodies you got in the deal. No adapter here, but I'll keep an eye out.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
If you live in a house that can be moved and three broncos that can't.

stlkikn

... if your spare bedroom and rec room are full of overflow "spare parts" from the second shed you installed to hold those "little extras" you keep accumulating.
and rajin cajun, yep, she has a sister.... the real piss off here is that the sister has had nicer broncos than we have... on second thought, the green 77 was a little rough!

Attachments

• 77Lili.jpg
    77Lili.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Lili 73.jpg
    Lili 73.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 56

AZMike

Loc.
Flagstaff
You've learned to swear fluently in 9 languages, but can only ask for directions to the bathroom in 2.

When you take the rig out, your wife plans for those random 20 minute 'time outs' on the highway that the Bronco seems to need for some unknown reason. And you actually get some really nice pics because it broke down in a really beautiful spot.

You don't bother with your brakes when a small econobox cuts you off - and you STILL have yet to actually rear-end one.

You have ABS - on 3 of your wheels.

Unplanned lane changes are just an every day part of driving, and only require the gas pedal to do.

BG's 68 Bronco

You know you (and your spouse) are Bronco owners if....
Two weeks after buying another (now the fourth) and you find a one owner 68 stocker for sale.... your better half oks the deal (on #5), and on the way home from paying for your new purchase, SHE spots another for sale and tells you
"if you really want to, go ahead"

you've got to share if you have that many;D Go Flames (yea... Oil sucks??? what happened)

OP
OP
bronko69er

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
When driving other cars, you find yourself steering to the right when you get on the gas, and steering to the left when you hit the brakes.

BG's 68 Bronco

Sell your house and down grade just to have money for the Bronco.

look at buying a house with a 3 car garage just so you have enough room to work on it.