• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

You won't believe what Discount Tire did to my NEW Bronco

OP
OP
digmy76

digmy76

After the wreck, the guy driving it was still on the gas and I ran and opened the door and told him to get off the pedal, and he said, "I'm on the brake!” I had to tell him again to get off the pedal. Then the engine rpms came down and he (everyone) just looked like they were in shock. I reached in and turned the rig off and started cussin'. I did manage to keep my cool somehow. I think I even laughed.....It kept me from actually going Waco on the place. Hopefully, my cool head and civil demeanor will get me a little more than the repairs. I doubt tires for like is in the card, but maybe a 50% discount on a new set, or is that setting the bar too low. Oh, yeah...the guy almost killed two co-workers that dove out of the way at the last second!

msweb

Bronco Guru
digmy76 said:
After the wreck, the guy driving it was still on the gas and I ran and opened the door and told him to get off the pedal, and he said, "I'm on the brake!” I had to tell him again to get off the pedal. Then the engine rpms came down and he (everyone) just looked like they were in shock. I reached in and turned the rig off and started cussin'. I did manage to keep my cool somehow. I think I even laughed.....It kept me from actually going Waco on the place. Hopefully, my cool head and civil demeanor will get me a little more than the repairs. I doubt tires for like is in the card, but maybe a 50% discount on a new set, or is that setting the bar too low. Oh, yeah...the guy almost killed two co-workers that dove out of the way at the last second!

I think free tires for life AND their road hazzard protection plan is just a start! Remember, it WAS a WAY COOL BRONCO that he wrecked, not grandpa's grocery getter!

Attachments

• grocerygetter.jpg
    grocerygetter.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 107

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
HOLY BLEEPING $$HH!! :eek:
When I read this I about passed out with a degree 10 anurism!!

I am having dark... DARK... DARK fantasies about kicking
SOMEONE's A$$!!!

Seriously.. I need to go meditate and calm down ....

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
So sorry to see the damage to your rig, but so glad no one was hurt. I think they will stand behind their error and make it right.

I also think you should stick with the original colors as that is one heck of a good looking combination :cool:

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
:'( :'(
hope it all turns out in the end.
i can only imagine how you feel, mines a bucket and I treat her like it, but the key thing is -> I <- do it. If someone else damaged her like that.... :-X :-X :-X

hudson's74

Loc.
Port Gibson, Ms.
sorry about the damage!!!

Nice looking ride Hope everything works out. There should at least be some compansation for all the rubber he burned off your tires. Best of luck

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would bet Kincade had an unexplained sharp pain about that time wherever he was........
Very nice rig man, very few of us have one that sweet, don't let them take you for anything. they owe you for MENTAL anguish after that one......heck I am feeling a twinge myself........
That steed is in your keep now, make sure they fix her right!! Good luck
Glad noone was hurt, Oh and just be glad it wasn't your newer vehicle or they would be using the total word......
Shows how tough these trucks are.
Chris

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Yes, they should put new tires on it. You should set the bar high on this. Consider the fact that it could be weeks before it is repaired and you will lose the use of it during that time. That alone should be worth something. (Work on them for rental car fees irregardless of whether you rent one or not) Also do not let them off if they try to total it with purchase price. I personally would not have even shown them anything about purchase price since their responsibility is replacement value. (That stack of receipts should be pretty compeling) I had an insurance company try to low ball me on a S10 Blazer a few years back that I bought just a few weeks before for well under book. (I was rearended and it was totaled) They wanted to give me the purchase price which I refused to provide. In the end I had to find a comparable one and they paid me the selling price for it. (Double what I had paid) If you do accept something close to purchase price then make them pay the cost to go get it as well since you had to travel for it.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Some poeple just don't belong behind the wheel of a vehicle! They did you wrong! With that and all the receipts I would make alot of noise to upper management, You know, the bosses boss.. I'd have them do the repairs first before anything else, Have them check the motor since the idiot spun it, Make sure the motor is as good as it was before you brought it there. And then have them check the frame for straightness and prove it with documents, Also have them check alignment and all the suspension and steering parts. For the exterior parts, have them replace the damage pieces with new. Don't let them try to do bodywork especially on your grill.

This just SUCKS, It was just a couple days ago I read what a fine rig you scored. And then you have some idiot wreck it. I feel your pain. They should compensate you for all the incoveniences this caused you, like lost time from work, make them pay for that or your going to let the local news know what happened.
Good luck dude, Get them for what you can. It was their mistake at your cost. They have to do right!!!

madgyver

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
73stallion said:
the word "MURDER" comes to mind. :mad:

keep it orange, it looks good.

Murder is too good for someone like that... Someone broke my door window and I wanted to kill, I cant even begin to imagine what would happin if this did... I say, set the bar as high as you can... I hear JD,WH,JBG,BC ect build nice broncos... Id ask them for a estimate ;)

bronco217

I feel sorry for Kincade. I'm sure after these last two fiascos it wasn't what he had in mind for "his" old Bronco.
I sure wish I would have pulled the trigger on buying it now.

donks&broncs

Loc.
The Fort,CO
Murder would just be the start of things. :mad: I would have beat him senseless, let his coworkers that dove out of the way go to town, then finished the deal. Then I would have kicked him in the nuts. If you do get it repainted, get it that original burnt orange color. It looks good in orange.

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
Wow! I could not even believe that! First off, contrats on the purchase, I enquired about it, quite the SWEET rig! And oh my, I would probably go nuts on someone, that guy! I hope it all works out, milk 'em for all it's worth! Get a spare set of trail tires as well... ;D

Broncogirlie

Loc.
BC CANADA!!!
:'( I read this and it made me think of my baby and I wanted to cry. Man...so glad to hear you have all receipts! I'm gonna make sure I keep all of mine. Last summer I got a shop to do an alignment on my truck and I had to check on it in the middle of the night to make sure it was okay. If I found onea those guys runnin the hell outta my baby...I just don't even know what I'd do. Milk 'em for all they got man. Get as many freaking tires as you want (you could ruin buisness for them just by word of mouth) so they'd better offer you somethin good or they don't deserve to be in buisness. And get THEM to pay for all the paint. (You wouldn't have to paint it if it wasn't for that douchebag right?!).

As for how it looks now...MAN DID IT EVER STAND UP! BUILT FORD TOUGH BABY! She knew it wasn't her time to go. Going through a brick wall...its unbeleiveable what they go through eh!?

I say you should put onea your pictures in Peterson's 4 Wheeler...like in the oops section or something...that'd sure drum up buisness eh?! ;)

PS..throw onea those bricks at that tiref*g for me.

69marquisragtop

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
Oh gosh! It is so wrong to have employees that don't know how to drive taking care of customer's vehicles! Sorry to hear about the crash, but I would be sure they fix it at least as good as it was before. I would also think that one set of tires would be the very least they could do for your troubles, do you have any other vehicles that will be needing tires, or even friends' or relatives' vehicles that need tires? They should offer a set for the Bronco without you even having to ask.