• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The absolute king Of The Road, Badest Bronco Ever Built!!

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
I saw a post a while back of a blue bronco staged at a show. The guy who posted it said it was the best bronco ever built. I had to agree it was one of the nicest I have ever seen but I havn't been around very long. So I am curious to see if there is one bronco that stands out from all the rest. I can think of a few like the one NickTrix built and a few others on this site but that blue bronco still stands out from any I have ever seen. If you know what im talking about please post a pick.

So, lets see how broad the opinions are. Show me the absolute Mac daddy, king of the Road, badest bronco around?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
you're not talking about this one, are you?

Attachments

• DSCN0268.jpg
    DSCN0268.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 305
OP
OP
I

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
That is a nice one but no. It was roped off in the middle of a car show. I have looked everywhere but cant find it. For some reason I think the owner was Canadian but Im not sure.

Stallion you have been around a long time and know alot about broncos what the nicest one you have seen?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
boy, there's been a lot of them. defenitely BMCqueen's, Zook built a nice one, Rob Smithson (Buckin74) has a beautiful blue/black/purple stripe one, i think it was MnkyBiz built a real nice one (blue with gold flares?). i know the one you're talking about now, i'll look for it.

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
What do I get if I win?:cool:

Mystery Lights Bronco?

Elkhunter beat me to it, but I had to find the pics!

And since the Fuel door behind the tail light was mentioned, here are more photos.......

Attachments

• MysteryLights.JPG
    MysteryLights.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 545
  • MysteryLights1.JPG
    MysteryLights1.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 455
  • MysteryLights5.jpg
    MysteryLights5.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 390
  • MysteryLights4.jpg
    MysteryLights4.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 422
  • MysteryLights3.jpg
    MysteryLights3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 467
  • MysteryLights2.jpg
    MysteryLights2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 321
  • MysteryLights6.jpg
    MysteryLights6.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 484
  • MysteryLights7.jpg
    MysteryLights7.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
Thats The ONE!

Ya! thats the one. Man, that is nice. I havent been around long but to me that one wins hands down. I dont know what it is about that one but it is like a peace of art. I have seen several with way more add on's but there is just something so simple about this one yet it is still really modified. What ever, its just plain bad ass!

musetech

Loc.
Alexandria
That dash is definately falls in the uncluttered category.

Can you imagine trying to take that baby on the trail? I'd have a spotter on each corner and two guys out front trimming branches back.

My69Pony

Well I’d have to say that heading says it all, “absolute king Of The Road” but to say the “Badest Bronco Ever Built” might be stretching it a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I think there is a place for every Bronco someone wants to build, but personally to be the Baddest Bronco ever Built it would have to be proven “off the Road” and some how I think this one will probably never see any think more then a dusty parking lot. Just one mans opinion.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
To say it's "the best ever built" is way too subjective.
Everyone has a different idea what "the best ever built" would do, street/offroad etc..
However, I think it is one of the few that is worth every penny over $30K.
So clean, I could lick every inch! Mystery Light's Bronco is my favorite (after Coby's rig).

ctowery

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wellington Nevada
I like mine but i am biased;D Its as close to a show rig as you can get and WILL go where I want it to. I'm not saying its the best as i don't think anything can be the best, but its a good allaround rig.

cary

H

Heinz_67

Ok, I'm digging the single electric motor wipers! Anyone know what the application is?

Jim

OP
OP
I

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
My69Pony said:
Well I’d have to say that heading says it all, “absolute king Of The Road” but to say the “Badest Bronco Ever Built” might be stretching it a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I think there is a place for every Bronco someone wants to build, but personally to be the Baddest Bronco ever Built it would have to be proven “off the Road” and some how I think this one will probably never see any think more then a dusty parking lot. Just one mans opinion.

I agree completely and thats why I posted this thread. like I said, I havent been around very long so I was hoping to see some different opinions and hopefully a few rigs Ive never seen. So if Mystery lights doesnt do it for you, show me what does. If you have more than one, post both.
Mystery Lights is my favorite, however If I owned it, it would never look that clean again.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'll nominate Karl Bradley's rig. It looks just as nice and he wheels it - hard!

Attachments

• Karlsnewtop.jpg
    Karlsnewtop.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 133

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Imagator said:
I agree completely and thats why I posted this thread. like I said, I havent been around very long so I was hoping to see some different opinions and hopefully a few rigs Ive never seen. So if Mystery lights doesnt do it for you, show me what does. If you have more than one, post both.
Mystery Lights is my favorite, however If I owned it, it would never look that clean again.
Well then, this does it for me..
I'd better elaborate (for you new comers), Coby Hughey's Black Cloud Bronco, 1973, 351W, sequential fuel injection, cobra intake and ported twisted wedge heads good for 450HP and 500 ft-Ibs of torque.
Wristed radius arms, 4.88 gears, Detroit in the rear, ARB in the front driven by a York compressor (the big 10" stroke).
700R4 automatic transmission (with overdrive), Atlas II transfer case.
Full exoskeleton body armor.
Soon to have a Hi9 rear end.

Attachments

• cobyhughey1.jpg
    cobyhughey1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
I haven't seen it in person, but there is one rig I've seen pics of that belongs to a member here that looks SWEET. It's bright red with a tan interior, including a tan bedliner. I'll post the owner after I figure out who's it is. I'm sure some of you know which one I'm talking about.

Edit: It belongs to ZookBronco

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
ZookBronco

BroncoMark said:
I haven't seen it in person, but there is one rig I've seen pics of that belongs to a member here that looks SWEET. It's bright red with a tan interior, including a tan bedliner. I'll post the owner after I figure out who's it is. I'm sure some of you know which one I'm talking about.
I bet your thinking about ZookBronco. That is one of my faveorites also. I dont know how to transfer a pic but Im sure thats the one your thinking of. I think thats a fairly new build. He is a good guy, helped me out a few times.

Scoop, that one is very cool, havent seen it before. It looks like his axle's are far apart or is that just the way it looks. If so, what does that do when you have them set up like that?

MarkTroy, That is bad ass! Ive never seen that one either or anything like it. Those bars are very cool. Thanks for posting it.