• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has anyone used a fiberglass hard top?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
My friend Rob has run one for years.
Lots of pros and cons.
It's a little flimsy feeling. Some how having it Rhino lined helped that a little.
The rear hatch has a sort of a flimsy spring loaded supports. I wonder if he could go with some "soft"
gas charged supports.

Best of all though is it won't rust.
The vendors can sell you a new steel top now, but I bet it will rust too. Too many crevices for moisture to hide.

WH and JBG have both steel and fiberglass.
Last time I looked a fiberglass one was $1700+.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
I have a halfcab on one, would be a lot better if the PO would have put it on square. Hadn't thought of lining it but I will do that now that I know when I straighten it out%) It's about as loud as a steel one in the rain (when it rains here), just a different tone.

Jim W.