• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

He's ba-a-ck (the idiot on ebay with the '66)

G

You know, often times this site is an interesting place to learn about EB--and their owners--but sometimes...<br><br>Come on, you guys are being total dorks! Get a life!! If someone wants to bid or not bid on something on ebay, let them. But all this flaming the buyer and the seller is so lame that it's laughable. <br><br>GET A LIFE!!

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=You guys are dorks link=board=5;threadid=7985;start=60#56930 date=1029436812]<br>You know, often times this site is an interesting place to learn about EB--and their owners--but sometimes...<br><br>Come on, you guys are being total dorks! Get a life!! If someone wants to bid or not bid on something on ebay, let them. But all this flaming the buyer and the seller is so lame that it's laughable. <br><br>GET A LIFE!!<br>[/quote] <br><br>I guess we all have our opinions, don't we!!! <br><br>If you can't tell, we aren't bagging on on the Bronco itself, because we live for EB's around here. I am sure it is a really nice bronco and this guy has spend alot of money fixing it up. What we have a problem with is the insurance salesman, used car salesman, snake oil salesman manner in which the EB was portrayed. The description is filled with inaccuracies and we were just looking out for the high bidder, in case it was someone that was unknowledgeable about Early Broncos.<br><br>I find the sales pitch on this bronco "laughable"!<br><br>peace

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I am really enjoying this. I think the seller must be a used car sales man. Opps :eek: he is a used car sales man. As for the truck, it is a little nicer then average bronco. Not too special and definatly not rare. <br><br>I find '66 Broncos easier to find then say the '72 Honda 600 Sedan that I once owned. That was a rare car ;D. the super powerful .6 liter engine just propeled the car. There were the ulta low friction multi piece piston rings for recuced parcitic drag on both cylinders! And I can't forget the automaticly increasing engine displacement. The engine gets bigger as it ages. (Basicly the 2 worn out pistons and broken rings).<br><br>I hope the winning bidder is aware of what he/she is actually getting. Please keep informing the highest bidder of what they are actually getting and don't believe everything that is in the ad.<br><br>Again, he is a used car sales man :p

72halfcab

Loc.
North Little Rock, Arkansas
[quote author=You guys are dorks <br>Come on, you guys are being total dorks! Get a life!! If someone wants to bid or not bid on something on ebay, let them. But all this flaming the buyer and the seller is so lame that it's laughable. <br><br>GET A LIFE!!<br>
<br><br><br> :eek: Informing a prospective bidder of blatant false advertising is common courtesy among honest people. We're not telling them not to bid, just that the seller doesn't have his facts strait about Early Broncos. The ad is misleading at best.<br>

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
I must completely agree with 74Bronc and Broncobowsher. Its not the Bronco, its the seller.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
This is the way i see it: you cant cure the sins of the world. If a person wants to bid/buy something without reserching or some kind of knowledge on the product/vehicle that one desires, so be it. Then again if the same said person feels that hes on top of his game and bidding to win....more power to him. Actually as of right now the bid is only at just under $3k.....not a big deal. Its true that EB owners can at times be a little rabbid when it comes to details. The new owner at sometime will work his/her way back here seeking to pick our brains. Good luck to everyone.

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
74bronc, that's great to e-mail the guy with a heads up.
I'd half to agree w/jeepster 3 grand ain't that bad.
When I bought mine (10yrs ago-3 grand ) all I knew about Broncos is that I had to have one. Even w/the things I'm uncovering w/my rig I still love it and feel nether buyer or seller got taken. :)
Don't ya just love America ;D

oh ya did you notice the 'you guys are dorks' poster
left an e-mail link :D

rednck21

[quote author=BOSS3024ME link=board=5;threadid=7985;start=60#57210 date=1029507558]<br>If it's that RARE maybe he should cook it longer.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>lmao

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What's with the lynch mob mentality here? I love my Bronco, I like to get information off this website, and I enjoy to bs with everyone here. But I am not part of some freak brotherhood just because I own a Bronco. So the guy is a dumbass or not a dumbass, do you have to attack him with emails just because you think he is an idiot? Anyone who can read knows the ad is full of fluff. Just let him sell his crap and let it be. <br>I just want others to know that just because someone is less educated than the Bronco Gods here doesn't mean we have to mock them into submission. That's stupid, why don't you just take him out on the play ground kick his ass, and take is lunch while you are at it.<br>Your not speaking for me when you write that stuff. If I take heat over this post then so be it.

Draper69

Loc.
Oroville Ca.
You know kyle your right. They should leave him alone. For all we know maybe thats all this guy really knows about broncos and he's just trying to make some honest money. On the other hand I wish somebody would have warned me when I bought my bronco. Because the guy that sold me my bronco knew he was screwing me over. So in a way we should let some of these guys know what thier getting into. You could go either way with the argument. In my opinion I think we should just respect this guy as a bronco owner and let things go they way they go. If some guy buys the bronco and shows up on this site im going to help him the best I can. I just hate to hear when sombody is getting a bad deal. But as of right now I belive the selling price on ebay is pretty reasonable. Just my 2 cents.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Its like this kyle; the dogs havent been run much since Bassassmike was around and their getting antsy, pacing around and all tearring up the yard. :eek: so its to be expected to see em foam up a little when someone gets em going......Its ok, they will get tired and settle down in a bit. ;D

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Ok, So we should just let this guy say whatever BullS**T that he makes up? I say that if you are going to claim that the item you are selling has this and that, and is very rare, you better have the research and facts to back it up. What he is doing is irresponsible and smells of fraud!

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Excuse me guys, mind if I pad my numbers a little with another meaningless post<br><br>"It's intresting how what we post reveals our inner nature and subliminal purpose in what some posters would think is hidden, but clearly evident to the enlightened through the written expression evidence, that is permanently etched upon this screen for interpetation. <br><br>One word or one hundred, consider your pupose and be aware of its effect as well as its identification of you and your motive, so that you do not embarass yourself or others.<br><br>Be supportive, encouraging, enlighting, benifiting, humorous, humble and understanding for the most enjoyable trip to Bronco Godness from where ever you are now.<br><br>And be aware that others are no differant than you, nor are you no differant than them in the deepest sense.<br><br>Do unto others, as you would have done unto you and remember what comes around, goes around. "<br><br><br>And yes, I am loading up the truck with cases of compensation of my transgression. <br><br><br>

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
WyleCoyote I just don't believe that since I own a EB it is now my duty to mount up and roam the web ensuring justice is served for all EB owners and potential EB owners. I don't think the guy is a fraud, I just don't think the guy knows anything about EB's and to me that is not a crime. I am not going to search him out and make him change is rear dana 44 9" to a 28 spline small bearing 9" with 4.11 gears and a limited slip just so I can say there is now justice.<br>I agree that we should help others when there is an opportunity, but to actively seek and attack others to prove ourselves as knowledgable Ford guy's?<br>The only purpose that was served is that there are probably 2 guys out there that will never come to this site, and they will probably tell 20 more guy's what jerks we are.<br>