• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My '71 Bronco Build

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
One more thing about the harness, there is only one o2 sensor on the passenger side header. Is that ok or do I need to find the wires for the other one and install it too?

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
One more thing about the harness, there is only one o2 sensor on the passenger side header. Is that ok or do I need to find the wires for the other one and install it too?

If it was running with the one, you're probably ok.. Some of the earlier modles only ran one. I'd probably post up the PCM numbers. Someone may be able to tell exactly what it was from. From there, you'll be able to tell what it needs and doesnt..

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
If it was running with the one, you're probably ok.. Some of the earlier modles only ran one. I'd probably post up the PCM numbers. Someone may be able to tell exactly what it was from. From there, you'll be able to tell what it needs and doesnt..

I will get the pcm numbers tomorrow.

Where can I get a gasket from to go between the 4r70w and the 205?

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
I will get the pcm numbers tomorrow.

Where can I get a gasket from to go between the 4r70w and the 205?

I plan to use a standard Explorer gasket.. Just about anywhere, mine will come from the dealer.. I'm trying to keep mine very simple so I can buy anything I need from the dealer as either a Bronco or '96 Explorer(my donor)... I'd hate to break down in BFE and need a special gasket from a Russian MPV built between '48-'48.5;D..They guys that get carried away mixing and matching obscure things make me a bit nervous, I'd be affraid I'd forget what a particular peice was from and would have to redesign it to fix it..

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Ok here are the PCM numbers, not sure if you need them all but here they are

A9P
1E1O

E9ZF-12A650-CA
61SM12AF03 24356-65

Looks like the Mustang A9 that many of the guys are running.. They can probably chine in to help you decide what is needed and what isnt.

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
I took the pan off the 4r70w and found this little guy in there.

Any idea what it is?

Phone1688.jpg

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Ok, just screwing with ya... Sorry, couldnt resist... Thats the shipping plug for the dipstick. At the factory, when they push the dipstick tube into the hole, the little bobber stays in the pan.. Just means you have gone where no man has been before..;D;D

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
Ok, just screwing with ya... Sorry, couldnt resist... Thats the shipping plug for the dipstick. At the factory, when they push the dipstick tube into the hole, the little bobber stays in the pan.. Just means you have gone where no man has been before..;D;D

I thought that but I could not get it to go into the dipstick hole. Maybe I just needed to push a little harder.

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
Now to figure out what to do with the oil filter extension that came on the 99 motor. Is there an adapter I can screw into the block to accept a regular oil filter?

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Some guys have run it. I'd like to, but its off mine at the moment.. If I do, I'll probably do a little modifying of the frame..

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
The trans I have to go in has about 130,000 miles.

I know it would be wise to get it rebuilt before I put it in, but who else is running the 4r70w with a bunch of miles on it?

I am thinking about rebuilding it first but might not and see how it does as is.

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
Here are some pics of the progress I have done in the past couple weeks.

Out with the old original trans and transfer case.

Broncotrans001.jpg

Mockup of the new trans and transfer case.

Broncotrans002.jpg

Broncotrans003.jpg

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
Yesterday I painted the trans and today I cleaned and painted the transfer case. Need to order some new seals and gaskets for both before they go in.

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
Motor is back in and headers are on, got the oil filter adapter today also so that is on with a new filter. Started making new brake lines from the master cylinder down to the frame distribution block.

On the master cylinder which port goes to the front and which to the rear? It was set up with the large bowl in the MC goind to the front and the small to the rear. Is that correct?

Waiting to finish up the brake lines until I get the body lift in place, which is next on the list.

Phone007.jpg

Phone010.jpg