• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

No Bumper Mass Buy!! : ((

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
well, hehe, right now it is still wrapped in a blanket wait'n to bolt on... I still have my SB bumpers on now, but it's the reciever style front Pre-runner style, FYI they look WAY better in person than on their site!

It's the same one as on the crazy horse truck... minus the winch.

Plus I can't post pics...

:cool:

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Slick
Might sound crazy but why not contact WH about doing the mass buy. I'm sure some of the time delay your dealing with is protofab them not wanting to piss off their vendors. Trust me working for a wholesale distributor thats the last thing they want to do.
So Protofab has the (Extrame/Guardian) front on there website for $494 and WH has it in there catalog for $484. If this went through WH they(WH) could give a discount plus they would be shipped directly from Protofab to us so WH wouldn't have to deal with any extra shipping cost. I'm sure WH is probably working on 30% margin or so on these so I'm sure they would be able to cut some kind of deal. This would make both WH and Protofab happy. I know there are other vendors that sell Protofab products but as of now I think WH is the only one that selling the plate bumper which seem to be in pretty high demand.
Just a thought that might get this one going.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
%) :p :-[

Well, The guys at ProtoFab just called me. Sadly they are not in a position to do a mass buy at this time.

As much as they'd like to help us out they have alot on their plate as it is with the rear plate bumper release and over-all rise of business in the summer.

They want us all to know that they will offer the 10% discount next winter as they did this past X-mas etc... :)

over-all better than a kick in the teeth;) but I'd be lie'n if I said it was the new I was look'n for. %)

But we tried... huh! ;D

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
if more guys than you want one indeed... but there dose not seem to be much intrest :(

the Plate bumpers are steal'n the lime light a lil bit...

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Personally, I am willing to wait for the guys at Protofab to finish the design of the rear plate bumper. I would prefer to have both front & rear in that style.

MnkyBiz

mrcat88

Bronco Guru
Loc.
VacaVILE, CA
I would be down with a buy on one of Duff's, as long as the price is right. You should maybe start a poll to get an idea if how many would be interested. Protofab's are really nice, but very expensive. Duff's a very similar. it doesn't sound like it will happen, but it's worth a shot.

Mrcat88

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
:p %) :'(

Ok... well due to Protofab be'n too swamped and nobody want'n a Duff's Bumper...... it looks like the MASS BUY for bumpers is a BUST!!!

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!! check out this thread!!!
http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42563&perpage=15&pagenumber=4
These bumpers would mate up cosmedically to the protofab Plate bumpers, or even perhaps a better product?!?! you be the judge, but they look pretty sweet!

Anyhow... we tried didn't we %)

Oh well, Better Luck next time!