• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Prop valve adapter. Why can't the simple things not be easy?

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
So, I have a new Prop valve from Nick @ NorthEastClassicFordParts as seen here: https://northeastclassicfordparts.com/1966-1977-bronco-brake-parts/1687-brake-proportioning-valve-disc-drum-1966-1967-1968-1969-1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-1975-1976-1977-early-ford-bronco.html

Have the full SS hardlines and flex lines from WH.

The damn adapter on the prop valve wont work with the ss WH lines. %)

What I need is a 9/16-20 x 7/16-24 inverted flare for this stuff to work together. I cant find that size ANYWHERE.

No way can I be the only guy that has had this problem......

comments?

L.R.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
If your able to re flare the tube you can get the correct tube nut and not use an adaptor.your local auto parts should have or be able to get for you.. or google brake line tube nuts ....

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Hydraulic hose repair shops have the fittings you need. Ocala has at least 2.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Napa or the like should have an adapter to fit whatever to whatever, although reflaring with proper fit is best.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If your able to re flare the tube you can get the correct tube nut and not use an adaptor.your local auto parts should have or be able to get for you.. or google brake line tube nuts ....

I do that all the time. I save those oddball sized tube nuts every time I tear a system apart too...although I recently found a source for assortments of new metric and SAE inverted flare oversize OD tube nuts and bought those.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
I do that all the time. I save those oddball sized tube nuts every time I tear a system apart too...although I recently found a source for assortments of new metric and SAE inverted flare oversize OD tube nuts and bought those.

Yes sir you and me both .the finished product looks just so much detailed when you don't have a bunch of adaptors that just looks like someone took the easy way out...

https://4lifetimelines.com/

here's the link to where i get my stuff from..been happy.

OP
OP
LoneRanger

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
Well, I bought a stainless barrel/ tube nut and a brake line flaring tool. I guess Ill have my own solution.

The above company did not have what I needed.

L.R.

OP
OP
LoneRanger

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
update, the proportioning valve from North East Classic was a complete oddball size of 9/16-20. I took the easy solution and bought another valve from WH that is a common 9/16-18. Its installed and waiting for finishing.

sent the other stuff back!

L.R.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I simply rebuilt the OE Kelsey Hayes valve. No surprise, all the fittings are correct. The rebuild requires at least some mechanical abillity so few go this route.