• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saddleup now has done the Backside of sevenup.

ORVP

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Enjoy this little clip Saddleup is now in the small group that have attempted the backside and made it. Lets give Saddleup some HOOTS and HOLLERS. :D
This is a trail that you either make or roll usually no in between.
www.orvp.com/saddleup.wmv

murdock

Loc.
Anchorage, AK
Yeah! Nice job Saddleup! You crawled right up that thing!

Attachments

• grinning-smiley-004.gif
    grinning-smiley-004.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 620

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Here are some pics to go with it. I only idled up the top after I got the back swung back around. At one point I had the front right tire up the second ledge with the other 3 below it. FWIW, I chickened out the last 2 times I tried it (last year) and winched up it. I didn't even think the short wheelbase rigs could get up it. I've got a buzz from that going that will last for at least a couple of weeks after doing that one and I only had the front tires in the air once.

Attachments

• IndependanceWknd_05_10.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_10.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IndependanceWknd_05_09.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_09.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IndependanceWknd_05_08.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_08.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 241
  • IndependanceWknd_05_07.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_07.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IndependanceWknd_05_06.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_06.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IndependanceWknd_05_05.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_05.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 155
  • IndependanceWknd_05_04.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_04.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 189

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
4x4Alaska said:
DAAAAAAANG DUDE! :eek: It didn't seem that steep from the vid...whew...there's some white knuckle wheelin'...
If you look in picture 5 you can see my daughter's legs for those that are skeptical about how steep it is. I tried to show them at the actual angle which I think is pretty close. FWIW, the inclinometer was pegged at 35 degrees before I even started up the first ledge. I'm sure it's at least 45 degrees and a couple of times I think I was pushing 60.

BTW, I was definately puckered up when I got to the point where the 3rd pic was taken.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Thanks All for the compliments. I was going to start another thread for pics but I'm just going to toss the rest of the ones I picked out here. (I had 2 gigs of pics to sort through)

The first 3 pics are Dan George (GoFastCrackPipe) going down the trail he laid his over on during the Memorial Day Weekend run we made.

The following 2 are from the Crusher trails. (A big rock garden) I made the first corner but then put a hole in the sidewall of the left rear tire. There is another video Mike got of it here: http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67461

The next one is of my brother showing how a Big Bronco can flex going up the waterfall trail here.

The next 3 picks are of a Dodge that a friend threw together last week going up the same trail. He has about $100 into it. For a Dodge it was pretty impressive since this trail breaks more rigs than it allows to pass.

There were a couple of homemade electric buggies running around up at the top with a pretty awesome coilover suspension setup next.

The last pic here is mine rounding the corner at the top of the waterfall trail.

Attachments

• IndependanceWknd_05_03.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_03.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IndependanceWknd_05_02.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_02.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IndependanceWknd_05_01.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_01.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IndependanceWknd_05_11.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_11.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IndependanceWknd_05_12.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_12.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IndependanceWknd_05_13.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_13.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IndependanceWknd_05_16.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_16.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IndependanceWknd_05_15.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_15.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IndependanceWknd_05_14.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_14.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IndependanceWknd_05_17.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_17.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IndependanceWknd_05_18.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_18.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IndependanceWknd_05_19.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_19.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
All of these pics except the last one are from a trail called the Rock Crawl. It has several large boulders in an uphill section. It was kind of interesting going up this section with a 33" tire on the front. Especially when the rearend landed on a boulder with it pretty much resting on the rear tires and the rear housing. (The second and third pics) It started to lay over on it's side and then come to a rest like that. Since I couldn't get much traction with the small tire I ended up driving up the side of the stump and then dropped the front over on top of the big rock. FWIW, last time I went over this I drove right up the big rock like it was nothing. I got a new dent in the rear passenger side tail light housing on this. (Which was already mostly bondo anyway) I also ripped the hi-lift jack off going over this so it's time to find another spot to mount it.

The last pic was a H**p that came down the mountain as we were getting packed up to leave. The logs are holding the busted axle in so he could get it to the highway to wait for AAA.

Attachments

• IndependanceWknd_05_27.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_27.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IndependanceWknd_05_26.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_26.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IndependanceWknd_05_25.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_25.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IndependanceWknd_05_24.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_24.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IndependanceWknd_05_23.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_23.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IndependanceWknd_05_22.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_22.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IndependanceWknd_05_21.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_21.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IndependanceWknd_05_20.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_20.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 38
  • IndependanceWknd_05_28.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_28.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IndependanceWknd_05_29.jpg
    IndependanceWknd_05_29.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 109

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Awesome climb dude!!
I'd feel the buzz too after taking on something like that..

I take it you were in double low for that climb?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Madgyver said:
Awesome climb dude!!
I'd feel the buzz too after taking on something like that..

I take it you were in double low for that climb?
No question about it, It came in pretty handy. I was able to let is search back and forth for traction without wheel spin getting out of hand. I still did a little bit of footwork with one foot on the brake and one on the gas but that was to keep the torque convertor from winding out. The pics where it was turned a bit sideways were because the front tires kept sliding down the hill from the locked up frontend. I'll be ARB's best sales rep after that one. The final ticket to get it to swing around was to unlock the ARB which kept the front from sliding. Then the back swung around to get it straight and the rest is in the video. At that point the front dug in and I knew I had it licked.

crab

Bronco Guru
Wish I could have been there to see it :eek:
Where is the first 1/2 of the climb on video? Looks like the video started in the middle of the climb...........

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
crab said:
Wish I could have been there to see it :eek:
Where is the first 1/2 of the climb on video? Looks like the video started in the middle of the climb...........
I was too busy to tell when Mike got up on the side so I'm not sure how much of it he actually got. I think Dan George got the whole thing on video though. Did you see the video of us over on Rocky Uphill later in the day? That's the one where you and Ryan were there in March when I winched up the end of it because of the busted front axle. Jeff sheared the bolt's off his left front spindle about 30 yards before the spot where I pulled the winch out.