• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

steering woes continued

Broncmeister

Ok, I got my box rebuild done (F150 4x4x2 conversion) Box is installed, had my hydraulic lines built and it is all ready to go, right? Wrong. When I start the truck the pump works great and no leaks at the box, and everything looks good. But when I try to turn the input shaft (where the steering column hooks up to the box) the box turns forcefully against me. If I can manage even a quarter turn to the right, the box will (with a lot of force and speed) turn left about 1 full turn. If I use light steady pressure, the box builds up even more pressure and will turn even more the opposite way.

It's like I have bionic return to center!

Any suggestions as to what I have done wrong?

OP
OP
Broncmeister

Broncmeister

I think you are right. After searching past threads, posting the question, and asking people in person, everybody told me the small port is the high pressure port. So what did I do? You got it, I had the pressure lines built so the big port was the high pressure. Back to the hydraulic shop I go %)