• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sway bars

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I'm in the process of making my 72 more streetable from being more set for crawling. Right now its 3.5 sl and 2" bl on 35s. Also has rear spool, long arms up front and inboard rear shocks. It gets a good amount of body roll on the street. The spool is coming out for arbs front and rear. Was planning on changing my shock set ups for more stability. Would front and rear sway bars with disconnects be a safe way to get the stability without changing the shocks around or could it be asking too much of em?

MonsterBIlly

I have a similar set up as you, but 37s. Sway bars will help a lot but seems to me the peices are high.
I added the antiwrap to my rear diff and that made a huge difference. Was a awesome add.
I think getting rid of the spool will make a massive improvement as well.
The antiwrap made all the difference with mine and there is no interference. Maybe try that and you may find you dont need anti sway bars.
Also, check tire pressure. I have fiund that between 25 and 30 psi, my bronco drives great. I can actuall take my hands off the wheel at 75mph on the freeway and it goes straight.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I have no clue on your set up..
But many years ago .. I built a 78 Dodge single wheel 1 ton. 440cid auto/727 I BOUGHT SEVERAL OLD USED TRUCKS . ONE WAS A 3/4 TON camper special .. It had sway bars on it. SO I still had my parts store at that time .
It handled so bad when I finished .. SO I pulled the H/D SWAY BARS from the camper special . Bought / Ordered new bushings for that set up. Man when I put them on that truck it was like a complete new truck.
... We have a double curve going into town .. It's called Hampton Curve so every one has at one time or not had an issue with HAMPTON CURVE ..
I already taken that truck around it & It was tough at about 45mph .. It felt bad. But When I took my truck around it with my new one inch sway bars in place. I was in AWE...
I even turned around several time taking it both ways . I had some after market cruise control on it . I could take that curve both ways at 60 mph.
In my daily driver 4x4 Jeep ZJ ... I STILL Today slow it down to about 52 or 55.
... SO Yes I think you'll love it .