• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

thinking about a 351w stroked to a 408!!

Amac70

ME
nothing wrong with a used heads. If you go on corral.net there is a classified sections that will always have used heads. the mustang crowd seems to swap things alot. I got a smoking deal locally off craigslist on my edlebrock heads and love them. before i bought them i was looking at buying a set of new tfs heads off coral from one of the vendors, cheapest price i could find anywhere even after shipping.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I also bought mine off corral. Got a barely used set of Edelbrock Victor Jr 210s and the seller threw in a set of TrickFlow roller rockers.

bee-rad

what is a fair price for used heads edles afrs

I found a set of AFR 205cc for 1100 ...thoughts

Last edited:

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
what is a fair price for used heads edles afrs tfs

It really depends on a lot of factors. I'd say determine the heads you are interested in, find the cheapest new price (usually the vendors off Corral are the cheapest) and then adjust the price down if you find a used set.

Don't focus to much on heads only though. You've got quite a few other parts that will go into a stroker:)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
the 205's would be fine. my only real concern about buying heads unseen is the possibility of issues they may have. Ask a lot of questions like why are they being sold, has any work been done to them? Any issues. Ect.
While your duffs headers will work. To me your choking the engine with them I would want at least 1 5/8" headers on a 408.

bee-rad

the 205's would be fine. my only real concern about buying heads unseen is the possibility of issues they may have. Ask a lot of questions like why are they being sold, has any work been done to them? Any issues. Ect.
While your duffs headers will work. To me your choking the engine with them I would want at least 1 5/8" headers on a 408.

thankyou:)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Dual plane intake RPM or airgap should be fine. They are really both the same performance wise. choice is your there.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Well, I was thinking huge cubes and race parts when I was putting things together, but to tell you the truth, I'm very happy where I'm at now.

Take a peek at this video - the sand starts after about a minute, but its very steep and loose sand. I'm running 4.11 gears and cut 37" boggers (which EAT horsepower) - I go up the hill for the first time in low range 3rd and then the second time I grab 4th (3.81) and scream up as fast as I wanted to.

http://youtu.be/eNXBrwUFjro

This is just a roller 351W, van cam with Explorer heads and Mustang injection. I can burn the tires off it at ease and hi-range is a blast, I just need more shock valving to play at speed, my oil pan has a few bangs and bruises. :eek:

I've got another motor I built for my street Bronco and after the performance of this engine, I'm probably going to be scared of my other engine. That is a 351W, TFS 185's, big ass cam 555/565 lift with Lightning intakes, Mustang injection, big Hooker headers - shooting for around 450TQ. That should lift the front tires off the ground - I'm hoping to make power to around 6500.

My trail truck motor with 35's or 4.56's would be insane - right now I've got zero power issues, just axle wrap and not enough shocks... I'm just giving you food for thought -