• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What are you using for the upper rad hose-Explorer front dress- standard rad fitting orientation- BCB brackets- sag pump

PDQ

Contributor
This is likely old news, and I've searched the forum and pics, but I think as products and builds evolve, I'm not sure what may be the easy answer. It looks like many serp setups can/ have used the stock upper hose but with my set up the hose will rub on the upper idler pulley.
Do I need to go to the 90 deg thermostat housing, and if so what's the hose that works?
Or if not, is there a hose that works with the standard housing and the set up I have listed?

I don't know if the aftermarket brackets change any specs or dimensions from the stock Explorer set up, but the stock upper hose would rub on my upper idler as it sits.

Thanks as always.

JSBX

Contributor
I am using a Gates 20983 on both my Broncos. Both have the same set up as you. One has the 90 deg. t housing. The other has the standard t housing I think but it is not where I can check it until Monday.

JSBX

Contributor
I just checked some pictures I had on my phone of my other Bronco and it does have the standard T housing and it also has the Gates 20983 hose on it.

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
I used a 90 degree stat housing and a stock Bronco upper hose that I cut and turned using a hose coupler and some clamps. Used the same hose when I swapped to a reverse outlet radiator.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
with 90 t stat a GTO{late 60's} hose works good with a little trimming continental #60625,, are you going to run an AC/ air compressor ?? currently I'm not so that may require a little work?

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
I used the cut and turned stock hose with both a York and Sanden A/C compressor.

OP
OP
P

PDQ

Contributor
Thanks very much to all, and no AC on this build