• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is this thing?

BRONCO635

Can anyone tell me what the small thing with the spades does and how it wires in. It's been a while since I torn it down and can't remember. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Spades around here claims to have big thangs n they stays wired;)Oh wait that's racist!

Where is pix?

OP
OP
BRONCO635

BRONCO635

9b554e437feaa952adcc4f36b6fa6cae.jpg

OP
OP
BRONCO635

BRONCO635

I assume it goes in series of motor in order to give you the low speed from the dash selector.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Correct. Low speed through the resistor (drops the voltage to the motor so it runs slower). High speed bypasses the resistor so the blower runs full voltage (full speed).

The resistor is in the case so there is airflow over it to cool it off. As a byproduct of lowering the voltage it makes heat. since there is a fan to cool it while it is running, pretty good place to put it.

OP
OP
BRONCO635

BRONCO635

Thanks guys I knew I could get answer up here.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Learn something new all the time :)

Correct. Low speed through the resistor (drops the voltage to the motor so it runs slower). High speed bypasses the resistor so the blower runs full voltage (full speed).

The resistor is in the case so there is airflow over it to cool it off. As a byproduct of lowering the voltage it makes heat. since there is a fan to cool it while it is running, pretty good place to put it.