• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1 ton cherry picker?

Laxdad32

Contributor
Loc.
Fort Morgan, CO
1 ton is more than enough for most any engine you could fit into a Bronco. I just used my fold up Harbor Freight one a few months ago to pull the 5.0 and AODE out of my Explorer donor. No problems at all. The 351 will be a good chunk lighter than that combo.

rmk57

It looks like the same one I have but under a different name. Iv'e pulled my 460 BBF along with the transmission numerous times with out issue. Has to be close to half a ton.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
My harbor freight looking no name import picker I got 20 years ago just got an air over hydraulic upgrade last summer. The one from Harbor Freight (so I guess it has some Harbor freight in it afterall). One of the pricier things I got from that place, but it does make it nice. Bulk lifting, just hook up the air line and push the button. Use the handle for precise work.

darkmagus

Just remember that the capacity goes down when the boom is extended. I think my HF 1 ton goes down to 1/4 ton at full extension. Worked pulling and installing a 5.0

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I'm a fan of the HF 2-ton. I own one......I've used it for more than just engine work. Picked up my bass boat with it. Picked up my neighbors 2 post lift off the delivery trailer......Picked up the front of the E350 I removed my 5.8L from.

As stated....capacity goes down when the boom is extended

Tim

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I got a HF gift card at Christmas and the $99 cupon

Might just have to go get another one. Just to keep from hauling one between me and my dad's shop.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Buy from HF, use, sell on craigslist when I keep stubbing my toe on it.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Just remember that the capacity goes down when the boom is extended. I think my HF 1 ton goes down to 1/4 ton at full extension. Worked pulling and installing a 5.0

Mine is ½ ton fully extended and 2 ton fully in.
I did add a ¾ ton hole right between the ½ and 1 ton holes. The half ton wasn't enough but the one ton didn't have enough clearance.