• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1968 Roadster mirror

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay, I will throw one more monkey. Regarding the business man's foot guard rain gutter...I've heard mine has the Appearance Package (another Roadster owner tol me so). Supposedly, it included sunvisors, hubcaps, hornring, lighter, taillight chrome, rocker stripes, pin stripe. Anyone heard or have confirmation of this opt package? I'm glad we're finally getting this out in the open and talking like this. Too fun! I know very little about Roadsters tho, because they aren't orange white and blue.

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
Broncoblood said:
Mike is that Green Roadster the one with the 7 digit VIN? very nice...

My Green roadster is December 65 build date. Has interior rain gutter, flat grill (no eyebrows by headlights). The vin I refered to was one that was for sale locally, was going to buy it but found the green 66.

With all this roadster talk lately we almost need our own section.

77Bronco636

BajaBronco said:
Okay, I will throw one more monkey. Regarding the business man's foot guard rain gutter...I've heard mine has the Appearance Package (another Roadster owner tol me so). Supposedly, it included sunvisors, hubcaps, hornring, lighter, taillight chrome, rocker stripes, pin stripe. Anyone heard or have confirmation of this opt package? I'm glad we're finally getting this out in the open and talking like this. Too fun! I know very little about Roadsters tho, because they aren't orange white and blue.

I have never heard of the "Appearance Package" but if you have a radio, heat, and defrost along with what you listed above, your Roadster is loaded with options. The only thing you are missing is a soft top and doors;D
Paul
It would be cool to see a Roadster painted up like a Baja Bronco!!!!!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Most of Stroppe's racers were outfitted as roadsters. Especially the early seasons (66-68). I think one owner of a 66 V8 roadster is making it a Stroppe lookalike. Kinda like the 68 Brochure one that has Gates tires and is trying to drive up a wall.

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
Are there any roadsters that have never had a top or doors mounted, other than mine. Or as stripped down as mine. I was told flashers were a option,which would be the only option mine has. No way to know if it originally had hub caps.

66Bronco

My 1966 Ford Truck Saleman's Data Book shows a Custom equipment package for '66 Broncos.

Included items are:
Chrome bumpers, front and rear
Bright-metal taillight bezels
Arm rests, RH & LH (w/doors)
Cigar-cigarette lighter
Bright-metal wheel covers (w/ 15" wheels)
Chrome horn ring
Sun visors, RH & LH - padded

(The "Rocker Panel Racing Stripes" is listed under Misc. equipment under options)

-Terry
BajaBronco said:

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
BajaBronco said:
I'm glad we're finally getting this out in the open and talking like this. Too fun!

I agree! I really dig all this roadster talk. Between this thread and the "earliest production" thread its been good times!

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay guys! Here is another recent odd discovery I noticed two weeks ago on the earlier broncos and I finally remembered to tell Paul the other day. Check out the location of the winshield squirters on the hood. On my 74, they are closer together than the ones on all three of my 66 hoods!! Some of those trucks have been sitting almost 3 years together and I just now finally sdiscovered this. So the good times are still unfolding!!!

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
Tim,

Did you ever figure out the steering stabilizer thing.

Mine never had one, must have been an option in 66.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mike,

So far, it looks like stabilizers may have been an option? I'm not sure but the three 66s are all different mounts. Terry, I believe doesn't have one on his(?), but has holes on the front crossmember like there used to be one. Some of the old literature shows trucks without one. Others have them included! I never pursued the question to generalize an answer. Perhaps someone else can help you out on this topic.

-Tim

Broncitis

MEB Founder
eaglenest66 said:
Okay guys! Here is another recent odd discovery I noticed two weeks ago on the earlier broncos and I finally remembered to tell Paul the other day. Check out the location of the winshield squirters on the hood. On my 74, they are closer together than the ones on all three of my 66 hoods!! Some of those trucks have been sitting almost 3 years together and I just now finally sdiscovered this. So the good times are still unfolding!!!

My Dad's 66 did not have washer nozzles or the bag and bracket. I'm not sure if the very early ones had them or of it was an option or delete item?

When we made the 40th hood we had to fill the washer nozzle holes and add the windshield loop.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My roadster also has the squirters all there with bag, etc. I'll try and take a pic of my rain gutter tonight after work. 1975stroppebaja - pm me about the hitch.

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
1975stroppebaja said:
Could someone post up a pic of the rain gutter... don't think I've ever seen one. Thanks.

Here it is.

Attachments

• Gutter 001resized.jpg
    Gutter 001resized.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Gutter 002resized.jpg
    Gutter 002resized.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 62

broncojack

Contributor
Here is a picture of a Stroppe racer 8/1966.

Attachments

• fw1966.jpg
    fw1966.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 65

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
broncojack said:
Here is a picture of a Stroppe racer 8/1966.

With the infamous Ray Harvick behind the wheel. And here's Ray 40 years later at the 40th in Victorville. Great guy - spent all week with us. Funny as hell.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• NormHarris40th12_resize.jpg
    NormHarris40th12_resize.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 23

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm..Okay, looks like Mike's raingutter might be welded on. MIne is bolted. Here's a pic. Ha- shows the difference too between an 8900 mile Roadster and a 38k mile Roadster!

raingutter.jpg

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
BajaBronco said:
Hmm..Okay, looks like Mike's raingutter might be welded on. MIne is bolted. Here's a pic. Ha- shows the difference too between an 8900 mile Roadster and a 38k mile Roadster!

raingutter.jpg

Yours also has the metal vent. Mine has the plastic.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
BajaBronco said:

Nice... thanks for the pics guys. Indeed, I have not seen that before. Makes you wonder how many new details are left to find out about these trucks?