• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1968 V8 Roadster 4 Sale

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looks like the blue one sold for $55k today.

Todd Z.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
2a87afca963cde49578c72552a5cc51d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I watched it, while they were debating if it had door hinges or not, one said you could find doors for it??? If they don't know crap about a vehicle, they should just let it pass!!!:oops::rolleyes::oops:

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I watched it, while they were debating if it had door hinges or not, one said you could find doors for it??? If they don't know crap about a vehicle, they should just let it pass!!!:oops::rolleyes::oops:

I know. They had a 67 XKE come thru with the triple side carbs and the guy says “This one has six downdraft Weber carburetors”

ngsd

Bronco Guru
the blue one now says it was sold at 44k. I wonder what happened there?

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
High bid was 80k it says online

Looks like the serious Bronco bidders overslept….wonder if being the first one to go across the block had an impact on the outcome?

Attachments

• 1968 Ford Bronco U13 Roadster at Monterey 2023 as S1 - Mecum Auctions.jpeg
    1968 Ford Bronco U13 Roadster at Monterey 2023 as S1 - Mecum Auctions.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 51

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Or is 80k for a Roadster the market? Hard to say. They have not really benchmarked that well unfortunately.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
As much as I love roadsters and endorse their significance and historical value, they just don't seem to move like the rest of the broncos. Most people want doors and a top. I hope this one sells, but my value (I think its worth 125-150K) may not be what someone is willing to pay. Condolences to the seller for all the effort and time spent getting this one to the Auction. I hope it was a great experience otherwise.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I'm sure Broncoblood will give us the complete story....

However, this is my take on it..

This '68 Roadster is a concourse restoration from all the pictures and what I hear about it... It's also one of the most rare of the breed... So why didn't it go well into the 6 figures?

Broncos, as well as almost every other collector vehicle's, values have seemed to slip a bit in the past 18-24 months. Many factors play into this, economy, world unrest, our government, and a bunch of other things. It's not just Broncos, everything goes through a 'correction' occasionally.

Roadsters are a very cool version of our early steeds, but it goes back to why Ford ceased production of the U13 anyway... Most owners of the Bronco likes the option of a top and doors, at least in the winter. I think this is why our beloved U13's haven't benchmarked in the Bronco world. Roadsters are so cool, but sometimes you just want a hardtop!...and I have three roadsters.. Two '66's and a N code '67.

When a collector vehicle is taken to the high standard that Broncoblood's '68 is, I feel that collectors are very sensitive to 'originality'. It has to have a paper trail with documentation, and the goods to back it up. I love the finish in black, but because this Bronco came red, this could have affected the outcome just a bit.

In reality, the 80k price wasn't horrible, but I know it didn't meet the expectation that two hard-headed bidders would get into a pissing contest over ownership of this beautiful Bronco.

If it was mine, it wouldn't be for sale anyway........;)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If $80k is what it brought, that may be the highest u13 price I've seen. They'll never come close to bringing coyote resto mod prices and they always bring lower than expected prices on BAT it seems like. The u13 niche is very, very small on this forum, and we represent a huge majority of those that exist total I'm sure. That leaves a pretty microscopic market for them.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
If $80k is what it brought, that may be the highest u13 price I've seen. They'll never come close to bringing coyote resto mod prices and they always bring lower than expected prices on BAT it seems like. The u13 niche is very, very small on this forum, and we represent a huge majority of those that exist total I'm sure. That leaves a pretty microscopic market for them.
Exactly Bobby. Well said.... It seems the big dollar Broncos is what I call "cookie cutter Broncos" .... new bodies, possibly a new frame and chassis, absolutely a Coyote, leather interior, Dakota customized dash, 20" wheels, etc!!!.... This is the kind of Bronco that doesn't interest me at all...

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
I'm sure Broncoblood will give us the complete story....

However, this is my take on it..

This '68 Roadster is a concourse restoration from all the pictures and what I hear about it... It's also one of the most rare of the breed... So why didn't it go well into the 6 figures?

Broncos, as well as almost every other collector vehicle's, values have seemed to slip a bit in the past 18-24 months. Many factors play into this, economy, world unrest, our government, and a bunch of other things. It's not just Broncos, everything goes through a 'correction' occasionally.

Roadsters are a very cool version of our early steeds, but it goes back to why Ford ceased production of the U13 anyway... Most owners of the Bronco likes the option of a top and doors, at least in the winter. I think this is why our beloved U13's haven't benchmarked in the Bronco world. Roadsters are so cool, but sometimes you just want a hardtop!...and I have three roadsters.. Two '66's and a N code '67.

When a collector vehicle is taken to the high standard that Broncoblood's '68 is, I feel that collectors are very sensitive to 'originality'. It has to have a paper trail with documentation, and the goods to back it up. I love the finish in black, but because this Bronco came red, this could have affected the outcome just a bit.

In reality, the 80k price wasn't horrible, but I know it didn't meet the expectation that two hard-headed bidders would get into a pissing contest over ownership of this beautiful Bronco.

If it was mine, it wouldn't be for sale anyway........;)
My U13 has doors. With roll up windows and glass.

I guess I need to put a hardtop on it...

I think $80K is very low. But Monterey, CA is a horrible place to sell classic domestic cars. That same Bronco in Scottsdale would bring a lot more action. Everybody knows that Monterey / Pebble Beach Concourse is Porsche / Ferrari country.

...and let's not forget, some sanctioning organizations will stipulate that it can't be "concourse" restored with a color change. (one of the dumbest rules ever...)

I hope he takes it to another auction house with better success.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
My U13 has doors. With roll up windows and glass.

I guess I need to put a hardtop on it...

I think $80K is very low. But Monterey, CA is a horrible place to sell classic domestic cars. That same Bronco in Scottsdale would bring a lot more action. Everybody knows that Monterey / Pebble Beach Concourse is Porsche / Ferrari country.

...and let's not forget, some sanctioning organizations will stipulate that it can't be "concourse" restored with a color change. (one of the dumbest rules ever...)

I hope he takes it to another auction house with better success.
Maybe somewhere else would be a better fit. I wonder if BAT would even yield better results?