• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1968 Roadster mirror

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Every so often a thread comes along where one learns alot of nifty things and this was one of them. Thanks to you all. Anyway now armed with my new found knowledge, I see that the "green acres" roadster is a '68 as indicated by the mirror. How 'bout that?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Shoot, that is cool. I've never seen it. Where do I tune in? Or do ya have a pic of it taken from the TV? 68 Roadsters are like hens teeth in the haystack, I've only ever seen 1 and another picture of one,...and thats about it.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Oh now you're gonna make me perch in front of the tv with my camera. %) ;D I have rabbit ears and the weather isn't exactly nice. There has to be a better way. I'll see what I can do though.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
So I have one of the 212 roadsters made in 68.
It came with the optional doors. There are mirrors mounted on both doors.
When I bought it in 73 it had a hard top that the 1st owner had put on it.

77Bronco636

Which mirrors are mounted to the doors, the standard chrome doors mirrors or the fender stlye mounted to the doors?
Thanks
Paul;D

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oldtimer, you are close to where I am I think - I"m in Saratoga. The ONLY other 68 Roadster (other than yours) I've found is owned by Broncoblood who started this thread. Funny how it seems the only two 68 roadsters that are popping up are right here in the bay area. Broncoblood is South SF bay local too.

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
Olditmer, we need to speak.
You live where? Do you live near Milpitas/Fremont with a wife that doesn't like you playing around with all the Bronco's or is that someone else?
Come alive.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
BajaBronco said:
Oldtimer, you are close to where I am I think - I"m in Saratoga. The ONLY other 68 Roadster (other than yours) I've found is owned by Broncoblood who started this thread. Funny how it seems the only two 68 roadsters that are popping up are right here in the bay area. Broncoblood is South SF bay local too.

Andrew:

Joe Monroe's truck is a '68 roadster. He has always claimed it was the last one made, but you know Joe....... I don't know how anyone could ever make such a claim with any certainty.

Todd Z.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
Must be someone else. I live in Sunnyvale.
Actually, the wife would like to do a body off restore with color change.
I am more practical, I just want to drive it.
VIN makes it a roadster.
Reality makes it a wagon as the hard top is never off.
Design makes it an off road vehicle.
Life limits its off road excursions to the driveway.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Todd, couldnt' remember if his was 67 or 8. Okay, so I count maybe 3-5 68 Roadsters I know of hiding out here and there in driveways and warehouses, and with fancy green paint.