• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1971 Boss 351C new buy

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Look right where the red arrow points in this pic. See where the "fin" sticks up? If you have that fin, it is either a 351m or a 400. None of the Clevelands got the fin, but some of the 351ms & 400s didn't get it either, so it is only a sure thing if it is there.

351m-ridge-100_5482.jpg

Right on what K bong said Post 29

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Too bad I'm thru with this thread or i'd point out that some of you guys are getting your FEs, Y Blocks, and Flatheads mixed up.
Of course now that I think about it ; it doesn't matter ; as ALL the parts on ALL three of those motors are TOTALLY interchangeable.;)
And just F.Y.I. unless you've got a reverse negative photo for the Wheat truck motor - the dizzy indicates it's a Y Block ; but you should pull a head just to be sure.
SHX

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Too bad I'm thru with this thread or i'd point out that some of you guys are getting your FEs, Y Blocks, and Flatheads mixed up.
Of course now that I think about it ; it doesn't matter ; as ALL the parts on ALL three of those motors are TOTALLY interchangeable.;)
And just F.Y.I. unless you've got a reverse negative photo for the Wheat truck motor - the dizzy indicates it's a Y Block ; but you should pull a head just to be sure.
SHX

yeah thats what happens when a thread becomes meaningless.

Were goofing with him now. He is so stupid he will think we are serious. try to keep up.

357Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Hampsha

Were goofing with him now. He is so stupid he will think we are serious. try to keep up.

I wouldn't say totally meaningless, I haven't posted much in the last six or eight months, and this thread gave me an opportunity. Reminds me of the good ole days.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

Yep, thats what the owner stated in the wheat truck, he rebuilt it.......55' Y with the wrong carb.......thinking he said from an old Jeep IIRC.

Edit: sorry bax, meant to quote the post above you:)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
At the risk of making y'all jealous......

I have the only side-oiler solid-lifter SOHC tunnel-port high-rise Boss 462 MEL engine that Ford ever put in a Bronco.

Eat yr hearts out.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
At the risk of making y'all jealous......

I have the only side-oiler solid-lifter SOHC tunnel-port high-rise Boss 462 MEL engine that Ford ever put in a Bronco.

Eat yr hearts out.

You think your so special your not the only one with fancy stuff.
I got a 534 sea-master super duty with the factory twin turbos. It came stock in the very first bronco ever built.

Last edited:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You think your so special your not the only one with fancy stuff.
I got a 534 sea-master super duty with the factory twin turbos. It came stock in the very first bronco ever built.

*snort* Yeah...that must be the uber-rare EB with a 9400# GVW. I think just one head off a Seamaster 534 weighs more than a complete 170 6-banger. LOL!

But anything is possible. The Boss 1100, for example. Though never offered as an option for an EB, it could be ordered as an option in Mustangs. And of course we all know how easy it is to swap any Mustang engine in to an EB. Amirite?

mustang-with-tank-engine_9L3em_5965.jpg

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
At least the plugs will be easy to get to. Proby don't even need to open the hood.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Just one of the many engines in Ford's famous "Boss Series". :cool:

DOHC..32-valve..1100 cubic inches. muah ha haaa...

381883163_1a400808ae.jpg

Here is a video of one running on a test stand. I'm looking for one to put in an EB soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIbzQsyYouo

Looks like an M4 sherman tank engine to me. Only offered on the big broncos and you had to know Edsel Ford personally.

u10072

Bronco Guru
I think this OP is suffering from a very simple problem-- I was sold this sexy yellow EB with a pretty rare engine and it more than likely has nothing special powering it... If you never confirm the boat anchor engine-- then you get to keep up the 351c hope. Like was said earlier-- it's all in the motor mounts.

OP
OP

351Boss

Loc.
Honolulu
Yeah I figured this was a lost cause after seeing the way this thread turned. It's a 351c. The motor mounts gave it away.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I have a 400 that has 351c /w engine mounts? how did that happen?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah I figured this was a lost cause after seeing the way this thread turned. It's a 351c. The motor mounts gave it away.

You have completely missed the point. You..YOU ..wanted help identifying the engine you have.

But you have since been completely disengaged and, NO..you still have no idea specifically what engine you actually have. There are many variations of 351Cs...and very, very few of those where the Boss option.

Just sayin....we don't have any vested interest in whatever it is that powers you EB. They are ALL good. But don't ask for the assistance and then just bugger off. 'kay?