• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2 post lift

bam

Contributor
Loc.
Laurel, Ms
looking to buy a 2 post auto lift. what the best quality brand for lowest price.

OP
OP
bam

bam

Contributor
Loc.
Laurel, Ms
been looking there. I seen new ones on ebay for 1200 and up. wonder how good the cheaper ones are.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I would avoid the screw style, go hydraulic.
I also prefer the top crossbar. Make sure it is tall enough. There are some that have open tops but the synchronizing system is on the ground. They suck. Always in the way when trying to use a transmission jack or just about anything at ground level.

Keep in mind that a Bronco isn't that happy on a 2-post lift. The front legs are too far back to lift by the frame and they are not the most stable picking up by the radius arms. Radius arm lifting also prevents suspension work as you are still loading the suspension as you lift. More than one bronco has nosed off a lift. You will need hoist jackstands, and use them.

As for brands, a lot really depends on who is local and what the local distributor puts up.

metal1

Loc.
hidesert ,socal
and when you do get one you`ll wonder how you waited so long I was lucky to be able to grow up in a shop that had 6 of them ,I have no idea how to do any thing on the under side with out one

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
father-in-law bought a bend pak at an auction from a car dealership. Worked fine holding my Bronco when we swapped in my NV3550.

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
I also prefer the top crossbar. Make sure it is tall enough. There are some that have open tops but the synchronizing system is on the ground. They suck. Always in the way when trying to use a transmission jack or just about anything at ground level.

Keep in mind that a Bronco isn't that happy on a 2-post lift. The front legs are too far back to lift by the frame and they are not the most stable picking up by the radius arms. Radius arm lifting also prevents suspension work as you are still loading the suspension as you lift. More than one bronco has nosed off a lift. You will need hoist jackstands, and use them.

As for brands, a lot really depends on who is local and what the local distributor puts up.

Lots of good advice here. I won't put a Bronco on a two post lift. I use the 4 post

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
https://www.derekweaver.com/

My neighbor bought one last winter and I helped him set it up. VERY nice lift. he's had everything from a Vett to a Kia on it.

I'm a 4 post man myself but I plan on using it more for storage than anything.

Tim

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I have an Atlas 2-post 9000 lb lift from Greg Smith and it's worked well for 4 years. I know its not American made but for the limited "hobby" use that I do it has been great and priced right. I have had no issues lifting early Broncos, full size Broncos, Wagoneers, and TJ and JK Jeeps on it. It was easy to install with the help of a buddy or 2.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I have an Atlas 2-post 9000 lb lift from Greg Smith and it's worked well for 4 years. I know its not American made but for the limited "hobby" use that I do it has been great and priced right. I have had no issues lifting early Broncos, full size Broncos, Wagoneers, and TJ and JK Jeeps on it. It was easy to install with the help of a buddy or 2.
that's the one I have been eyeballing

OP
OP
bam

bam

Contributor
Loc.
Laurel, Ms
yea I checked out the atlas lift. it has a super symmetric arms it will lift both ways.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Most of the 2-posts at work are bend-packs. They can be setup with different post widths. They set some new ones narrow. We had them come back out and reset them to the widest setting. The wider the better.

brewchief

The rotary lift we have has the fold down/fold up pads for height adjustment, I run the arms up and unlock them so I can slide the pads between the radius arms and frame, seems better then lifting under the radius arm mount or radius arm itself.

I still don't like having to really lean on something when it's up on the lift.

bearskinner

Loc.
N.Idaho, AK, SoCal

The Atlas is nicer than I thought. I was looking at the 9000, and for a couple hundred more, purchased the 10,000 extra wide and tall. I don't have a dually, but now I could lift one, and the Bronco lifts nicely on it.

TFD32

I welded on lift points to the frame just for the 2 post

Attachments

• iphone 019.jpg
    iphone 019.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 112

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
I have 2 arm 12,000 BedPak installed myself. Works great but still take time to strap on Bronks because as noted above, no great lifting points. And use jack stands. And look carefully at lift certifications to confirm USA reputable organization. Some lifts have "in house" or shady certifications. You want a cheap pacemaker ?