• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3rd Annual MEB Wrench and Roast.a Winner!

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Heck Ox , he even let ME weld ;)

And ya done good too! Drew laid some real pretty beads on all the suspension components (inspected every one of 'em this morning before the rig left, Drew;D). I felt bad but good..my MIG welder and me the only fully certified welder in the shop (I'm guessing) but me all laid up and just trying to 'point fingers in the right directions'. Ya'll done me proud.:cool:

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
A few in progress pictures....

Notice Drew's OSHA approved footware :)

Attachments

• 3rd Annual Wrench and Roast 035.jpg
    3rd Annual Wrench and Roast 035.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 49
  • 3rd Annual Wrench and Roast 036.jpg
    3rd Annual Wrench and Roast 036.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 3rd Annual Wrench and Roast 038.jpg
    3rd Annual Wrench and Roast 038.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 3rd Annual Wrench and Roast 043.jpg
    3rd Annual Wrench and Roast 043.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 53

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I was not really planning on being the designated welder/plasma cutter operator so I wore my regular 100*+ shop attire!;D

Funny enough,I did not get any burns (at least none that left marks) on my legs or feet (the leather weld jackets make fine welding skirts as well! ;D), just a few on my arms and hands (before I found your gloves! %))

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Here are some of my pics.....

Tiki bar lounging/feasting area

FordFilly's skunkworx supercharged flattie project

Jalapeno helping with hanging a leaf pack

Allen Fahey shooting the new BB 9" housing

Old 9" shock mounts removed and new duals installed

Ellen (Jalapeno's wife who submitted this project) hard at work bead blasting

Ox working on the 44 (with Bill standing over his shoulder stupervising!)

Whoever might think Bronco clubs are only for guys has not seen our club! Pam finishing up some wiring and Ellen in the background taking off some safety glasses after doing some grinding. Pearlcoat (Judy), our President was out getting the food set up for us.

Attachments

• CIMG0804.jpg
    CIMG0804.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 39
  • CIMG0821.jpg
    CIMG0821.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 42
  • CIMG0805.jpg
    CIMG0805.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 46
  • CIMG0811.jpg
    CIMG0811.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG0800.jpg
    CIMG0800.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 41
  • CIMG0792.jpg
    CIMG0792.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 41
  • CIMG0796.jpg
    CIMG0796.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG0795.jpg
    CIMG0795.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG0823.jpg
    CIMG0823.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG0820.jpg
    CIMG0820.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG0815.jpg
    CIMG0815.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 45
  • CIMG0827.jpg
    CIMG0827.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

jalapeño

Loc.
Philly 'burbs, PA
We JUST got home from unloading the bronco. It rolled right off the trailer, & directly onto the lift. We decided that we're going to attempt to keep the momentum going on the rig, (especially since Chris gave us a deadline;))

We both want to thank EVERYONE who was there and worked so hard to get those projects under way. We are looking forward to our first MEB event with the Jalapeno up and running! The amount of work that was done was astounding, and the fact that it was so hot and there were many unforseen problems but everyone pulled together to get the jobs done meant a lot to us. It would be years before we'd have gotten the bronco going without the club's help. We are eternally grateful and will of course be first in line to help out next year! We cannot thank everyone enough for all that was done. It was great to finally meet everyone. Thank you also to Bill and Judi for their hospitality and making us feel so welcome.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We JUST got home from unloading the bronco. It rolled right off the trailer, & directly onto the lift. .

On the the lift for what? What's next on your list?

What everyone accomplished was indeed quite the list..but I was personally disappointed that the roll cage assembly fell off the end of the list*. I take the hit there for trying to bite off more than we could collectively chew when I made up the list, and especially for not considering and taking in to account that I was about useless myself thanks to back surgery. It's hard getting used to not being able to do stuff that you took for granted for about ever... but next year, I'll be baaaack.;D

Meanwhile, big thanks to those who had my back on the tasks I was figuring to be more hands on with.;)

*although I do deserve a few bonus points for being able to lay hands on a complete EB 9" big bearing rear in under two hours flat..right? :p

jalapeño

Loc.
Philly 'burbs, PA
We figured if it rolled into the driveway, it would probably sit longer. If we put it onto the lift, there's more motivation to get it moving on its own quicker. Plus it'll be nice to stand while getting those headers out instead of bending over;).

As far as the roll cage..... no sweat (no weekend pun intended). What got accomplished was more than I ever expected!

Speaking of sweltering heat & humidity...... man was it cool with a nice breeze on Monday when we rolled out. %)

If there is anyone I owe for personal parts stash, please PM me. Thanks again!!!!

mrw

Loc.
MassHole
How did that old man "wrenchin' recliner" work out? And did Matt ever get around to installing a cup holder for it?

recliner.jpg

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
There is a seat that had a cup holder on it. It caught my eye because out of all the mobile seats I've seen, I never saw a cup holder on one.
Post #202 with Drew welding you can kind of see it :)

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
How did that old man "wrenchin' recliner" work out? And did Matt ever get around to installing a cup holder for it?

recliner.jpg

It worked real well for working in the engine bay. No cup holder but it does have a tool bag.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Hey Yankee! Yes, we just used that thing again and bemoaned the lack of a "beverage " holder....not sure about cups....I think it will surely have a gimbal in it's future. Dave, so good to meet you two....hope the deadline is realistic. I was happy to be a part...

mrw

Loc.
MassHole
Hey Yankee! Yes, we just used that thing again and bemoaned the lack of a "beverage " holder...

Since I helped put that thing together I guess I feel like I helped with the wrench & roast in a small way.

I still think Bill could've just use a plank hooked up to the overhead winch. Of course we'd have someone else tie the bow-line . . . ;)

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Since I helped put that thing together I guess I feel like I helped with the wrench & roast in a small way.

I still think Bill could've just use a plank hooked up to the overhead winch. Of course we'd have someone else tie the bow-line . . . ;)

:eek: You don't trust Bill's knot tying skills? He's a mariner man....%)