• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 post lift that lifted Bronco can get under

bstein

Any guys using 4 post lifts and if so what brand are you using ? Im having a hard time finding anything that is more than 79'' in the locked position...

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I thought I saw one once that offered an extra height option. Kinda obscure in the sales stuff. I looked at too many, can't remember where I saw it.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I don't have one yet but will one day. I think most have an extended height version. I know BendPak and DirectLift both do in a 9K lift. I think they clear 84 inches.

Now which is the best is a can of worms. Lots of opinions out there and most if not all are made overseas now. The Dover Corp bought up most of the lift companies and moved the manufacturing overseas. Lots of Chinese companies in the game to.

I've read lots of information and researched the crap out if it and I'm going Direct-Lift.

Look at shipping options as some companies will not ship to a residential address. Also picking it up yourself is an option. Most places will load it for you however they will charge you local tax on the lift. So after taxes and gas to and from, shipping is sometimes cheaper.

Tim

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Rmiller747 has one here. He has his 3.5" lift with 35" tire and a best top under his lift. He can tell ya where and what he bought.

OP
OP
B

bstein

The Direct Lifts PP8 and P9 list a 77'' last lock height. The Bendpak has the HD7PXN and yes it is a high lift but it runs cables in a cross tie fashion as stiffeners. There HD9XW and HDSTX series have the same 77'' at last lock.

Airing down is a option...

Our 72 with the hard top just cleared the 7' doors in our last garage and I want to get the Best Top on. The Best Top from what I have read adds aprox 3'' .
We now have 9' x 16' door in our new home with 14' ceilings.

Open to any and all comments !

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Pro Pack 9 Plus specs Note in bold 84 inch lifting height
•Capacity 9,000 lbs.
Lifting Height 84"
•Overall Length w/Approach Ramps 223-1/2"
•Overall Width (with motor) 136"
•Overall Width (without motor) 121"
•Overall Length without approach ramps - 192-1/2"
•Approach Ramps 31"
•Runway Width 21-1/2"
•Runway Length 188"
•Runway Thickness 5"
•Clearance Between Columns 109-1/2"
Drive Through Width 97-1/2"
•Height of Columns 97"
•Clearance Between Runways 39-3/8"
•Outside Runway to Outside Runway 79-3/8"
Clearance Under Runways 81"
•Power Unit 110 Volt, 1HP
•Shipping Weight 2,350 lbs.

Tim

77-302

Loc.
Canton, MI
I got mine through, American Automotive Equipment..
http://www.americanautomotiveequipment.com/UnitedProducts-SS-8000XLT-Four-Post-Storage-Lift-p/ss8000xlt.htm

They distribuite out of Texas.
Its not a BendPak but I'm not a comercial buisness.
Mine goes up and down a maybe 2 dozen times a year.
No issues... and 110V....
I got the XLT model which gives you 81" under the hoist.
My Bronco has 33's and a 2.5" lift. I could probably fit if I had a 3.5" lift as well but this way I don't have to put the Mustang on the top most saftey notches.
zDIFyaqc

OP
OP
B

bstein

Thank you Timmy 390,
The Canadian site www.directlift.ca/pp9plus-calculator.htlm shows the last lock position on the 9 Plus at 77'' ... I will contact them and see what they have to say.

77-302 what do you have for ceiling height 12' ? We have 14' .. love the Bronco in the green !!

77-302

Loc.
Canton, MI
77-302 what do you have for ceiling height 12' ? We have 14' .. love the Bronco in the green !!

Its actually like 11'10".... Couldn't be tighter but I guess I chose the right vehicles.... Mustang is lower than stock and Bronco is higher so it balances out...
Its hard to see from the picture but we routed the single garage door to follow the wall and ceiling. So I can open the garage with the vehicles in place. We put in one of the Liftmaster residential shaft driven openers. Couldn't be happier with the whole set up...
I did put blue tape as a visual reminder for wheel center lines... we did have a slight growing pain when the door barely scuffed the bumper of the Mustang. Had to get that Booboo fixed but lesson learned anyway.
Now I can see at a glance if the Mustang is in the right position...

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
DirectLift Pro Park 8 Plus here: http://www.dcidirectlift.com/ProPark-8Plus-4-Post-Lift-P10.aspx

3.5" lift with 31" tires. With the lift at the very top lock, the Bronco fits underneath it with about 2" to spare. With a 12' ceiling and the lift, you dont have to raise it all the way to the top to work underneath while standing either. 9' garage doors so we can move it outside as well.

2012-01-07171237_zps8c2a616e.jpg

IMG_20120707_134543_zps273863b7.jpg

2011-10-16154335_zpsfec745a6.jpg

2011-10-16154400_zpsbfd08bd8.jpg

This is when it had a 2.5" lift and 30" tires:

2011-10-04185757_zps86745772.jpg

OP
OP
B

bstein

Direct Lift has great customer service !!! For there lift height calculator go to www.directlift.com/ceilingCalc.aspx
There max lift unit is there PP9 Plus thats 80'' to last lock , thanks Timmy 390.
Advantage Lifts say they have a 82'' last lock unit and awaiting further information. There units are not ALI certified so thats of a concern !
BendPak has there HD7PXN www.babco.ca/Automotive-Equipment-Products/Parking-Lifts/BendPak-HD7PXN It goes to 140''... but with the stiffener cables on the sides it does not make it user friendly and with 13.16' / 158'' columns should you want to move it around it would hit the door tracks. Its a monster.
JefeAZ I notice you have a castor kit and expect its really designed to move a empty lift around but I have to ask ... if you had the EB on the lift lowered in a lock position would you be able to roll the unit around ? The reason I ask is if the unit is positioned against a wall you would never be able to pull axles etc.
Thank you for all of the replies .....
Any guidance is greatly appreciated !!

Seattle66

Contributor
My Dad has a BendPak lift. Easy to operate and works well. Plus it has attachments that slide on rollers for things like oil changes and an additional air driven jack. The extra air line for running impact tools is also really helpful.

Sorry the pic isn't very good, but shows part of the lift.

Attachments

• DS_on_lift.jpg
    DS_on_lift.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 33

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I don't think you can go wrong with Bendpak or Direct Lift. They seem to be the standard all others strive for.

The one feature I like about the Direct Lift is the ability to level the car/truck once at lock. This is great if you have an unlevel floor like if you factored in a slope when you poured the floor(I did) or maybe the finishers got a low spot. I hate posting company propaganda but it explains it very well. No I don't work for any lift company...if I did, I would already have one.

"What distinguishes the Pro-Park 9 Plus automotive lift from our competitors is the unique leveling and locking system. The Double Lock Ladder Safety System is the same as found on our commercial style 4-post lift model Pro 14 and allows you to level the lift to an unlevel floor while being in the locked position."

A few years ago Direct Lift was the only one that did this but others may have that feature now.

Tim

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
JefeAZ I notice you have a castor kit and expect its really designed to move a empty lift around but I have to ask ... if you had the EB on the lift lowered in a lock position would you be able to roll the unit around ? The reason I ask is if the unit is positioned against a wall you would never be able to pull axles etc.
If the lift is in a lock position you cant move it. It needs to be below the last lock in order to get the weight on the wheels and off the posts.

I have moved the Cobra and the Bronco while on the lift several times. Just gotta get the wheels pointed in the direction you want before putting weight on them. Ive even moved it around by myself