• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4R70W Crossmember Mass Buy (West Coast Broncos)

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Migrated this from the OptiShift mass buy thread.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1986984&posted=1#post1986984

West Coast Broncos is offering their 4R70W crossmember in a mass buy at the following rates:

The rate will be
10- $150
15- $125

with a $50.00 core.

WCB has sandblasted them. The side plates will have welded nuts on so the frame will have to be drilled or plasma so the plate sits flush.

Here are some pics. Anyone interested?

Also working on a Lokar shifter cable mass buy. More to come.

DSCF8031.jpg

DSCF8032.jpg

DSCF8033.jpg

DSCF8034.jpg

DSCF8035.jpg

Last edited:

mattt

Bronco Guru
It's hard to tell in the posted pics....how did they deal with the frame brackets needing to move back ~2". From what I see in the pic, it appears to be a stock frame crossmember bracket?

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's hard to tell in the posted pics....how did they deal with the frame brackets needing to move back ~2". From what I see in the pic, it appears to be a stock frame crossmember bracket?

also, i am not following where the nuts are welded on, which requires drilling or cutting. we will need to send them a stock crossmember to avoid the core charge, right? I would like to see the pic of just the crossmember (not installed). thanks for working this chuzie.

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
This is actually a new product they just started making (that's my bronco in the pictures). I think you would have to call and talk to John to get the specifics about it. My trans has the Advanced Adapters tail section on it and I'm not sure if it would need to change with the stock tail section.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Let me give them a call on Tuesday and get answers to these questions.

$50 core

Butros

By the picture it appears that it would only work with the AA tail shaft housing. It doesn't look like it would work the the stock 4r70w 4wd/AWD tail shaft housing.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I think the stock frame bracket was removed and had nuts welded to the back of it then moved back two inches and welded to the frame.

WCB has no units on hand so they are going to build one for us and shoot some pics for me to post.

They do not have it posted on their site. I do not think it is something that has become a production item for them yet.

They have cross members on hand but don't want to see them all go out the door with no replenishment so there is a $50 core charge as a result.

WCB is not sure about the different variants of tail shaft housings that will be compatible. They only know what they did with kholding. We need to research the dimension differences with these variants to determine what is compatible. I know I will be doing the 4WD with a ZF adapter. So, depending on our findings, I may be out of the running for this cross member. Time for the 4R genius club to chime in.

Note that WCB, in order to make this worth the time and costs involved, will need to orders minimum.

I will post the pics as soon as they are received.

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The crossmember Pictured in post #1 will not work with the ford AWD or 4X4 tail ext. It is for the advance adaptors tail ext. I used bc broncos ZF crossmember and fabbed up a different mount bracket to work with the ford AWD tail ext. I have a thread with pics on this bracket it is a bolt in using the the stock bolt holes in the frame.I don't know how to post the thread here but some one can. I sent out templates to several members that asked for them But I have not heard back from anyone on how they worked out for them

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
The crossmember Pictured in post #1 will not work with the ford AWD or 4X4 tail ext. It is for the advance adaptors tail ext. I used bc broncos ZF crossmember and fabbed up a different mount bracket to work with the ford AWD tail ext. I have a thread with pics on this bracket it is a bolt in using the the stock bolt holes in the frame.I don't know how to post the thread here but some one can. I sent out templates to several members that asked for them But I have not heard back from anyone on how they worked out for them

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183817

66Bronco

I'm interested but only if the cross member works with the 4R70W with the 4x4 tail housing.

I'll be following this thread closely.

Thanks!
-Terry

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
This cross member is built to work with the AA 4R70W to D20 adapter. Whether it will work with other variations is unknown as it has not been tested and no one has spoken up about mounting differences.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I am still waiting for WCB to send me additional pics. Will be sure to contact them on Tuesday and inquire again.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Here are the pics from WCB promised. Hope it answers some of the questions.