• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4r70w question with Atlas II

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
So, I recently purchased a good useable 4r70w from a bronco brother and he was running a D20 behind it. As part of that install the rear output shaft was trimmed for the D20.

Am I going to run into any issues with output shaft being trimmed and installing to the Atlas II t case?

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Great question, unfortunately I don’t have that answer but was wondering if Atlas would have the answer or offer an answer.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I’m sure they do and I will end up calling them. Right now I am still waiting on my truck to come back from paint. So no rush

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I don’t think you’ll have an issue. I had to trim exactly 1” off the output shaft of my AWD 4r70w to install the AtlasII. The other option was to purchase their 1” spacer.

Mark

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I don’t think you’ll have an issue. I had to trim exactly 1” off the output shaft of my AWD 4r70w to install the AtlasII. The other option was to purchase their 1” spacer.

Mark
Great news! Any chance I could get a pic of yours installed.

arizona 71

Contributor
Mark, I Just seen your reply to bigmuddy about ditching the 1'' spacer from the AWD and trimming the output. I'm at the same cross roads and ready to get an atlas also, If you dont mind I would truly appreciate a picture or two of your install, and did you use the cable shifters. thanks ...Gary