• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

74 EB Sandrunner under development

mavereq

Bronco Guru
The 99 Cobra longblock that I have appears to have very low hours so I'm planning on leaving it as is. It's a Teksid block motor. The 99's had slightly higher compression than the 03's, so I'm hoping to get a little extra oomph with it tuned properly. Livernois Motorsports is local here in MI and they specialize in Modular motors. I think a little $$$ spent on professional dyno/tune time will be well spent.

livernois does nice work. i have a set of their reworked heads.

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
September 2002 - I drove 54 hours non-stop from Detroit, MI to Ogden, Utah and back....that was the start of all of this.

When I started I was 29 and had no kids - I'm 37 with 3 & 6 yo boys and I'm hoping to at least get this thing on the road by the time I'm 40.

A story I am all too familar with. 47 and the first is now graduating from college. I purchased it just before she was born. Not at all finished but at least I have enjoyed my Bronco a bit now. The project was nothing like you have taken on. Now that they are older I am spending more time in the garage, however money is still tight with helping the first through college and.. I do not expect it to change with the next one getting out of high school in 2 years.

OP
OP
sstlaure

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
250/350 is what I've got in it now. I'll have to see where she sits with everything from the motor installed to see where the ride height end's up with the extra weight. I may go a little lighter.

Unfortunately she's still sitting in the garage cold and lonely.....I've recently put an offer in on a new house with property (4 acres) that has plenty of room for a pole barn. The last 2 years have been hell for projects being out of town most of both summers 09/10.

Money hasn't really been the problem - it's time available to work on it that is holding me back. I'm hoping 2011 gives me some time at home to work on it and make some serious progress.

brewchief

I've helped with quite a few barn builds if you get the new house and want some help or advise.

OP
OP
sstlaure

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Thanks Brewchief. It'll be a couple years before the pole barn goes up. I'll keep it in mind.

OP
OP
sstlaure

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Just keeping the thread alive for when I do get back to this thing....

Got the new house and property for the pole barn (only a couple miles from JBG)

1970mule

Bronco Guru
glad to see you still are at it can't wait to see more of your updates.

DuneBuster

Loc.
Canton
Party Time

Just keeping the thread alive for when I do get back to this thing....

Got the new house and property for the pole barn (only a couple miles from JBG)

I hear a big party brewing the nite before and the evening of BroncoRama!!!

OP
OP
sstlaure

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I hear a big party brewing the nite before and the evening of BroncoRama!!!

Absolutely....I've got a big fire pit and room for plenty of trucks. It didn't happen this year but by next year I should be good and settled in.

OP
OP
sstlaure

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
No progress to speak of....just keeping the thread from going into the archives.

OP
OP
sstlaure

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I hate to say it.....but see the classifieds - this sucker is up for sale

OP
OP
sstlaure

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Too may projects, not enough time to do them all. I've been re-evaluating priorities and this sucker (unfortunately) is slipping further and further down the list. Realistically this thing is MANY years from me getting it done with work/time conflicts, etc. So I've decided this is the best thing. Maybe once the kids are grown I'll dip back into the Bronco world again. They sure are cool.

I know you guys have seen what I've put into this thing, so hopefully it will go to a good home that can finish the dream I started almost a decade ago.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Dang. You are one of the few on this board whose build ran longer than mine. I understand that things change over time, though. Best of luck.

OP
OP
sstlaure

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Thanks Devin....I REALLY hope someone on here gets it because I want to at least be able to see it get finished.

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
Too may projects, not enough time to do them all. I've been re-evaluating priorities and this sucker (unfortunately) is slipping further and further down the list. Realistically this thing is MANY years from me getting it done with work/time conflicts, etc. So I've decided this is the best thing. Maybe once the kids are grown I'll dip back into the Bronco world again. They sure are cool.

I know you guys have seen what I've put into this thing, so hopefully it will go to a good home that can finish the dream I started almost a decade ago.

I totally understand what you are saying. I've had by Bronco down for over a decade as well and I've often asked myself why i don't just sell it. I'm in the same boat as you more or less; no time, and more realistically, no money. I hope someone here does buy it and finish it. It is a neat project.