• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Bronco Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Zeon 10-S Winch Clearance with Protofab Bumper

Here is what the Zeon 10-S Winch looks like mounted in the Protofab, Front Winch Bumper.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Winch Front.jpg
    77 Bronco - Winch Front.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 188
  • 77 Bronco - Winch Driver's Side.jpg
    77 Bronco - Winch Driver's Side.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 149
  • 77 Bronco - Winch Passenger Side.jpg
    77 Bronco - Winch Passenger Side.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 77 Bronco - Winch Rear Clearance.jpg
    77 Bronco - Winch Rear Clearance.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 137

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Just started tracking your thread. Nice rig!! I'm doing a frame off and just painted my 76 estate green.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
deltabronco - I just saw your Painted Bronco in you Garage. Looks great!

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Enough of the distractions. I sold my 69 Half Cab and the 76 Body Tub is now off to the body shop. Only the 76 Rolling Chassis left to tinker with in the shop.

This 77 Bronco should have been completed a long time ago. I finally got to adding the BC/AC system with an AC Controller to be installed in the Dash. (should have done this earlier too, would have made things a lot easier) Just a few items to finish up now. Then I will go over everything one more time and get her started.

Pictures to follow soon.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Well, I gotta tell you, what an amazing day! I finally got the 77 on the road. I went for a little 30 min cruise this evening to see how everything was working. The motor ran great, the transmission shifted as it should..... PS Pump wines a little.... No fluids leaks either.....What a relief.

Had to replace the steering box with an extra I had from my 76. The original box had a worn/broken/bad valve. I have already contacted West Texas for a rebuild, so that is in the works.

Still have the interior to finish. (Back Seat and carpeting) but that is a minor detail considering.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow with better light.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Went for a little cruise and got some errands done Wednesday and enjoyed the great weather. No issues what so ever and will most likely become my daily driver.

Need to replace the whining power steering pump with Saginaw unit I have and still have the interior to finish, but here she is.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 142
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 139
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 126
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 146

turbotim2

Looks great!

How is the clearance with those wheels and the TRO? Which tie-rod setup did you use?

Tasty Geezer

Your Bronco has made me start to like the color green on an EB! That is one sweet looking Bronco!

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
turbotim2 - I have the one-ton steering linkage. 17x8.5" wheels with 4.75BS with 1/4" spacer up front. 285 tire Rubs just before full lock.

Jc.av8r

Someone may have asked already - but is that a 3.5" lift?

Trying to decide what wheel/tire size to go with on my own. I know I want a bit wider...295 or 305, and probably around 30" as well.