• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Bronco Build

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Looks like I might have started a new color trend ;)

There was an awesome little half cab painted this color that confirmed my decision to follow suit. It's a great color. Rguest looks a good bit darker than mine. Might be the photos or that I've got the Wimbledon white accents.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Fireball05 - If it's the 69 Half Cab you are thinking about, (Ginger Interior, 5-Speed) I built that truck about 6-7 years ago using the Estate Green. It's my color of choice for the Early Bronco that is not going back to original color.

There were a few shades of the color when the ST code was looked up. We did go with one of the Darker shades for the 77.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Yes, I'm sure that's the one! Can't be too many estate green half cabs running around! Did you just sell it a year or so ago? Maybe I didn't realize it was you. I think it had IL plates on when it was for sale?

My wife was really pulling to paint it green, and we had it narrowed down to Medium Green Glow Poly and the Estate Green Metallic. Seeing the pics of that half cab sealed the deal!

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
One item that I have not decided on yet is what to do with the front Fuel Door. I am only going to have the Rear Fuel Tank installed. Since there is plenty of room where the side tank was located I was thinking:

1. An air compressor with a switch and a hose quick connect just behind the front fuel door.

2. A fresh water tank with an inline pump with the switch and line connect at fuel door.

Any other ideas???

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Request3, your build is looking awesome.:cool: Really love the color. This would be my choice of color if I was doing a full frame off. Keep it going and forward those pic's.;D

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
gnsteam - Thanks. I should have the Bronco out of the Body Shop early this week. I will post additional pictures of progress when back at my place.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Not going anywhere soon. Gonna be a few more months before she's done.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Can't wait to see those mustang seats and the rest of the interior installed!

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Crawdad - I'll get the interior completed for you as soon as i can.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Got the Rampage Soft Top installed and adjusted yesterday. Fits better than the last one I had with minimal wrinkles. The top is also set at the least tension currently. It should stretch a little, then will have to be adjusted again.

The windshield was delivered yesterday but arrived completely shattered. Local glass guy is going to have some cut this time instead.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Soft top Driver's.jpg
    77 Bronco - Soft top Driver's.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 77 Bronco - Soft Top Passenger.jpg
    77 Bronco - Soft Top Passenger.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 240
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Just the standard Fiberglass Flares.

Got the windshield installed finally yesterday after the first one arrived completely shattered.

Minor touch ups left to do at the body Shop then back to my place to finish everything else.

Headers are now installed and Fuel Injection wire harness is in the process. Had to do something to it while it was at the Body Shop.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Finally able to getting back to the build and some progress has been made.

The Dash and steering column were put in last weekend. The EFI computer was mounted and wiring is laid out and almost complete.

3-point seat belts are already in with front seats to follow soon. (Maybe tonight) I will try to get some additional interior items installed this week. Still have not decided if rear seat will be included or not.... We'll see.

I know, I know, Pictures soon.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Got the 69 Mustang, Ginger Front Seats installed last night and some additional wire harness laid out.

Little by little, she's getting there.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Here are a couple.

Had to renew contributor membership.

Interior pics later.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Driver's Body.jpg
    77 Bronco - Driver's Body.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 77 Bronco - Driver's Body 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - Driver's Body 2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 142
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Interior pics. Still a lot to do, but starting to look good. Ginger interior is not as yellow as the pictures indicate.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Passenger Interior.jpg
    77 Bronco - Passenger Interior.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 77 Bronco - Driver's Interior.jpg
    77 Bronco - Driver's Interior.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 77 Bronco - Driver's Dash.jpg
    77 Bronco - Driver's Dash.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 77 Bronco - Driver's Dash 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - Driver's Dash 2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 148

jlylec

One item that I have not decided on yet is what to do with the front Fuel Door. I am only going to have the Rear Fuel Tank installed. Since there is plenty of room where the side tank was located I was thinking:

1. An air compressor with a switch and a hose quick connect just behind the front fuel door.

2. A fresh water tank with an inline pump with the switch and line connect at fuel door.

Any other ideas???

I've thought about this a bunch. My dad knew a welder who died. When his son got his car and started going over it he found a box welded under the body stocked full of cash. It was his version of a mattress savings account! I don't have gobs of cash to stash but always thought if I removed my second tank I'd have a box installed in that spot with a hidden door in the floor. Extra storage where no one would think to look!