• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Bronco Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Still a lot of wiring to finish up, but overall going pretty smoothly. Just need additional time to get it done.

Here are some updated pictures.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - 351w.jpg
    77 Bronco - 351w.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 77 Bronco - 351w - 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - 351w - 2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 77 Bronco - 351w - 3.jpg
    77 Bronco - 351w - 3.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 77 Bronco - Interior.jpg
    77 Bronco - Interior.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 135
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
englewoodcowboy - Thanks. I like the Estate Green (ST) too. It's the second Bronco i have done with this color.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I remember when that color first came out and I loved it then. I am still debating as to which color my bronco will be and estate green is in the toss up. I keep changing my mind and figure I will continue to do so right up to the day I buy the paint, then it will be what it will be. I am hoping to have my bronco painted by the end of June and then we all will know exactly what color my bronco will be. :)

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I got a little work done in the engine compartment this week.

Most of the EFI harness is installed and the Hydroboost unit was installed as well.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Hydroboost.jpg
    77 Bronco - Hydroboost.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 77 Bronco - Hydroboost 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - Hydroboost 2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 160
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck. This will be a nice Bronco when completed. I have spent a lot of time getting to this point. More time to come still..... Although they are never "Done".

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Astro Van set up with an "Inline" Bracket. F350 Pump with Dual Returns.

There is a lot of clearance room especially with the 351w EFI.

Got the Inline Bracket from a guy on eBay. Good quality and very straight forward install.

No lines are hooked up yet in the pictures.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I have not had much time to do any work on my 77 Project and it's long overdue for updates.

I decided on the Protofab Front and Rear Bumpers and could not be happier. The quality, fit and look are just what I was looking for. I had both painted Ford Estate Green Body color and I really like the look. I have not seen too many Broncos with the Body Color Bumpers and Fender Flares.

I already installed the Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier. The Front Bumper will go on tomorrow.

I have all the remaining parts to finish and then off to exhaust shop. Hopefully she will be done soon.

Pictures to follow.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Got both the Front and Rear Bumpers installed this week.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Front Bumper - 1.jpg
    77 Bronco - Front Bumper - 1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 77 Bronco - Front bumper - 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - Front bumper - 2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 77 Bronco - Rear bumper - 1.jpg
    77 Bronco - Rear bumper - 1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 77 Bronco - Rear Bumper - 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - Rear Bumper - 2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 77 Bronco - Rear Bumper - 3.jpg
    77 Bronco - Rear Bumper - 3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 136
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I got the exhaust system finished today with the 2 O2 Sensor Bungs installed. BC Headers up front, (2) 2 1/2" pipes, Gibson Superflow Muffler and a single 3" pipe out the passenger side.

I have a few additional items to finish up prior to start up and tune...... But getting close.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I picked up a brand new Warn Zeon 10-S winch last week. When I ordered the Protofab bumpers I asked if this Winch would fit and they were not certain either way.

The Zeon 10-S just fits in the provided mount holes in the Bumper. However the body of the Winch touches the front of the mount area. Plenty of width but does touch the front. Will not effect operation at all and everything torqued down as it should.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good to know. Glad it fit without any extra hassle for you.
Did you pass that on to Mike at Protofab too?

Paul

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
It was the topic of our conversation when I ordered the bumpers from him, but I have not given him an update.

Moving the winch mounting holes back 1/4-1/2" would work great while providing plenty of clearance still behind the winch.