• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A/C Install

vap13

Has anyone done an A/C Installation on thier Bronco's with the 351W ? I purchased a complere system from Vintage Air and the only problem I see is the brackets for the compressor are for the drivers side. I would much rather install the compressor on the passenger side for the obvious reason thats the side all the hoses come from and it would look alot neater. If anyone has done this what bracket did you use?

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
I've got the York A/C on my 68 302. Its on the drivers side too. The PO put a metal tube going from the top Rad. hose outlet over the top of the rad then out the other side. Butt Ugly.
I'm going to the rad. shop today to see if they have any ideas to clean things up a bit.
I'll let you know what they say.
I can send you a pic. of what the PO did if you think it will help.

OP
OP
V

vap13

Thanks, I would be interested on what you come up with. I'm going to work on mine this weekend also, I'll let you know what I can figure out.

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
ill double check but i think my mount (passenger side) has a ford part number cast into it. ill let you know if it does or doesnt...

probaja

Loc.
Mesa AZ
Can anyone post pics of their a/c install? Im about to start mine, and could always use some tips --

72Sport

Bronco Guru
If anyone has done this what bracket did you use? [/B][/QUOTE]

Do you have a serpentine or a stock v-belt drive system?

72Sport

Bronco Guru
My 302 serpentine with compressor low on PS. Something similar should work on a 351. I went to serpentine to get more radiator to fan clearance. With the compressor low it clears the fan so there is nothing lost because of the compressor clutch sticking out past the belt.

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
Vintage Air, V Belt, Passenger Side. I would go check the part, but I sold this Bronco last year. Call Vintage, it should be a standard Sanden bracket.

Attachments

• dscf0138.jpg
    dscf0138.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 239

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Still waiting for mine from BC Broncos, Jason is working on it....

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's mine.....mounted with a "dealer add-on" bracket.

Attachments

• mvc-002f.jpg
    mvc-002f.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 209

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
At this time Vintage Air has the parts we modified to make the vintage air kit bronco specific. A fab shop here is making the brackets to mount the Sanden compressor on the pass. side head for the V-belt kit. The S-belt kit has the compressor on the drivers side. We based the S-belt kit on our S-belt conversion which is mostly late 80s mustang parts. To make it work right on the EB we had to change/modify most of the parts in the kit.

probaja

Loc.
Mesa AZ

LSUpete - that is one clean setup..... do you have any detail pics showing the pump mounting and brackets?

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Chuck,

I have your serpentine kit as well as an the old version of the Vintage Air setup.

I will be mounting the AC condensor on the driver's side.

You mentioned the need to modify? Will I need to be modifying a setup that I haven't even installed yet?

Or, will I just need to get some hard lines to run around the block????

MnkyBiz!

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry, I don't have anything that is close-up/detail oriented. By the time all that front end stuff went back on, I was in NO mood to take photos....I was sick of working on that thing by then, and ready to drive it!

:cool:

OP
OP
V

vap13

It looks like Chuck is right . I also started with the kit vintage air sent me and i'm having to modify all the brackets to be able to mount it on the passenger side and low enough so it clears the hood. I found that the holes in the compressor line up exactly with the holes in the 351 head. I used the rear bracket to space it off the head but had to cut the bottom to clear the water pump. The front bracket is more challenging. When I finish fabricating it i'll get some pictures up.