• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adapting 69 mustang seats for an EB

snick

Contributor
I picked up a set of newly recovered 69 mustang seats for a great deal.

I answered a lot of my questions I had about adapting these to install in my 70 EB by reading threads here but still have a couple more questions.

1. I’ve read on many different threads that the EB uses 2 driver side Mustang seats. My question is - what are the specifics on this? Is it because a 69 mustang passenger does not have the REAR welded riser seat frame brackets that a stock EB passenger seat or something else?

2. Besides the the REAR brackets mentioned above and the two FRONT bolt on EB seat frame brackets (I’ve read that I will need to drill an additional hole in the mustang seat frames for the EB front brackets), is there anything else needed to bolt a 69 passenger side mustang seat into the factory EB seat floor holes?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I’ve read on many different threads that the EB uses 2 driver side Mustang seats. My question is - what are the specifics on this?

Install the Mustang passenger seat on the passenger side in the Bronco, then try folding it forward to access the back seat and the reason for using two driver seats becomes obvious.

With a driver seat installed on the passenger side of the Bronco, the seat folds toward the door and allows you to tilt the whole thing forward to get into the back of the Bronco. With a passenger seat on the passenger side of the Bronco, the seat will fold toward the shifter, hit the transmission tunnel, and won't fold forward enough to access the back seat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

snick

Contributor
Install the Mustang passenger seat on the passenger seat in the Bronco, then try folding it forward to access the back seat and the reason for using two driver seats becomes obvious.

With a driver seat installed on the passenger side of the Bronco, the seat folds toward the door and allows you to tilt the whole thing forward to get into the back of the Bronco. With a passenger seat on the passenger side of the Bronco, the seat will fold toward the shifter, hit the transmission tunnel, and won't fold forward enough to access the back seat.
that’s the exact info I was looking for, thank you

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
that’s the exact info I was looking for, thank you

For what it's worth, I've put a set of Mustang seats into a halfcab Bronco where there would be no reason to fold the passenger seat forward. No issue there, but if you have a rear seat and want to be able to fold and tumble the passenger seat forward so you can climb into the back, a passenger seat on the passenger side won't allow that.