• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adding stock power steering- need info

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
Does anyone know what size & length of bolts I need to install the power steering pump bracket to a 289? The attached picture of the stud is from Jeff's Graveyard. I just need to know what size and length it is.

Also could use a couple good pictures with one installed.

Thanks!
Ron

Attachments

• 8a_1_b.jpg
    8a_1_b.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 7
  • pw2.jpg
    pw2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 19
  • PSPUMPSTUD.jpg
    PSPUMPSTUD.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
supermottl said:
I think the head size is 9/16", but not 100% sure. I can possibly take some pics for you tonight as I werk on my D44

Thanks, that would be great! I just want to try to get all the peices before I start the install.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
here's the deal, it depends on the hole in your head. the bolt that the bronco shops sell is a different size on each end. it's either 3/8" or 7/16" bolt size, and it needs to be 6.5" to 6.75" not including the head. usually it takes a 1/2" spacer between the head and the pump mount.

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
73stallion said:
here's the deal, it depends on the hole in your head. the bolt that the bronco shops sell is a different size on each end. it's either 3/8" or 7/16" bolt size, and it needs to be 6.5" to 6.75" not including the head. usually it takes a 1/2" spacer between the head and the pump mount.

Thanks, I wonder if a hardware store would have such a thing or if I need to pay $15.00 for it from Jeff's

BlackHorse

If you want to get this done quick just figure out which thread you need 3/8 or 7/16 and get a piece of Grade 5 or 8 all thread.

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
BlackHorse said:
If you want to get this done quick just figure out which thread you need 3/8 or 7/16 and get a piece of Grade 5 or 8 all thread.

Hey, thanks! That's a great idea that I hadn't thought of.

Now if I could just get a couple pics of one installed.