• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adjusting door handle/lock

dhendriksen

The passenger side door will not open from the exterior handle, only the interior. If I reach in there with my hand and press about another 1MM on the mechanism then it releases. Thinking through how the heck I can adjust this. It feels like I’d need to turn the nut above that barrel on the far left…sound right? For the life of me I can’t get anything in there to do that.

Pic: https://share.icloud.com/photos/068LPOkVSMDgQSJPm1sD7G5_Q

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Reach up in there and unsnap it from the rod. It just clips around it. Then pull the rod out of the hole.

OP
OP
dhendriksen

dhendriksen

I got it. Those clips suck. I also had to unhook another one and move it to give it room to twist. All done and door opens from outside now.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congratulations!
Working on the doors does suck a bit. 😩

Next time you need to mess around inside there, you might just go the extra step and pull the whole latch out. Giving them a good going through can really make them feel like they’re new again.