• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another beat to death topic.......Disk Brakes

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
snip....

You sir are ruling out a lot of good parts from Peugeot and Renault...are you sure that's wise? :eek:
Don't forget Citroens, Alpines, & Hispano-Suiza's. Challenge: Find such a part. May as well go on a snipe hunt.

I think DirtDonk nailed it. Do the swap, then consider if you still need the spacers. My dim memory, that I refuse to be held accountable for (age), says that there is a mild WMS to WMS increase with the disc swap.

btw, the coolest dog ever, the one that I grew up with was named "boogie". 120 lbs. of K9 mom. Actually tattled on we kids when we were about to be in over our heads more than once, but woe to the person who thought they might do something to us while she was around.

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Wouldn't it be easier to put a short bolt in the knuckle for the steering stops? A lot cheaper than wheel spacers too.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Don't forget Citroens, Alpines, & Hispano-Suiza's. Challenge: Find such a part. May as well go on a snipe hunt.

I think DirtDonk nailed it. Do the swap, then consider if you still need the spacers. My dim memory, that I refuse to be held accountable for (age), says that there is a mild WMS to WMS increase with the disc swap.

btw, the coolest dog ever, the one that I grew up with was named "boogie". 120 lbs. of K9 mom. Actually tattled on we kids when we were about to be in over our heads more than once, but woe to the person who thought they might do something to us while she was around.

I would love to do a Hispano-Suiza V8 swap. But I can't even find the engine to do an OXX-15 conversion.

boogie

Loc.
Lafayette La
got my front disk on today Im glade I had that vid it made the job a cake walk!

Attachments

• bromcodisk2.jpg
    bromcodisk2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 25
  • bromcodisk1.jpg
    bromcodisk1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 21